SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:The Systems Engineer will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems employed in a shipboard marine environment for the deployment of oceanographic payloads and associated supporting equipment. Systems analyses will be performed at all levels of the total product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance. Applicant should possess a working knowledge of model based systems engineering tools, specifically IBM Doors and/or No Magic Cameo. Good communication skills will be essential for the applicant's coordination of the assigned tasks both within the internal project team, divisional leadership and external customers. The applicants demonstrated past performance will include working within a collaborative team effort in an Integrated Product Team environment.The Systems Engineer position offers the applicant the opportunity to:
- Prepare and support a logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies that translate system level requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Develop subsystem architectures and designs based on system level requirements
- Assess subsystem requirements and develop verification methodologies supporting formulation of RVTM/VCRM inputs.
- Support development of cable deployment CONOPs, subsystem interface control documents and subsystem requirements derived from top-level customer requirements
- Support hardware/software development lifecycle including concept, design fabrication, production, test, installation, and operation
- Perform, requirements allocation, detailed trade studies, functional analysis, interface definition studies and timeline analysis, translating system level requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Support a logical and systematic approach to the application of top-level system requirements into a total systems solution meeting technical, schedule, and cost goals.
- Supports development of new and updating of existing system design standards to meet specific current and future requirements.
- Up to 25% travel (Post-COVID Restrictions)
- Requires BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. A combination of extensive work experience and or education may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Working familiarity with IBM Doors (preferred) or No Magic Cameo
- Prior Experience with System/Subsystem development for operation in a shipboard ocean environment
- Good technical writing skills with strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.