Job DescriptionThe RoleThe Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of an Agile Software Development team performing Java and open stack development. In this role, you will provide our customers with the most powerful, scalable, and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobility, and security. You play a role in enabling MicroStrategy products to be best-in-breed and optimized for leading organizations to analyze big data and distribute actionable business insight across their enterprise.Your Focus
- Lead the design and implementation of MicroStrategy software platforms, applications, and features.
- Proactively participate in every aspect of the entire software development lifecycle of feature development, including input on requirement specifications, designs, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery.
- Support technical support engineers with high-level and escalated customer issues.
- Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and SCRUM meetings.
- Learn an array of new technologies and make enhancements and improvements to software products and development processes.
QualificationsRequired Experience and SkillsMotivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-FocusYou should also bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar program; Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience with real-world knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operation systems, and other fundamental concepts
- Software development experience in an Agile environment
- Strong design and development skills on Windows, Linux, MacOS, and/or Mobile platforms
- Experience with optimization of high performance, server, and web-based applications
- Strong debugging, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- The familiarity of RDBMS and web services is highly desired
- Experience developing software applications and features in an Agile environment
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, attention to detail, and drive to deliver best-in-class software products for the industry
- Experience with Rally or other Agile Management tools preferred
- Possess the ability to be process-driven with an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Team-oriented individual, energetic, result and delivery oriented
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at [emailprotected].
Software Engineer, Senior
Senior Biomedical Engineer
Quality Engineer, Senior
Software Engineer (Mobile development)
UX Designer, Senior
Automated Test Engineer