SourceHII's Technical Solutions Division
Systems Administrator Associate (Systems Administrator 1) 6677Virginia, Suffolk, 23432 Suffolk USA
Job Description Requisition Number: 6677Required Travel: 0 - 10%Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/ExemptHours Per Week: 40Security Clearance: SecretLevel of Experience: Entry LevelJob DescriptionThe Joint Staff J7 (JSJ7) System Administration Associate (Systems Administrator 1) is responsible to the System Administration Lead for implementation, support, tuning, and performance for Information Technology client and server architecture components and operating systems (web servers, application servers, database servers, update servers, etc.) to support the development, testing, and production delivery of enterprise-wide, mission-critical applications.What You Will Do
- Under immediate supervision, responsible for the continuous operation of servers, networks and related infrastructure supporting information systems.
- Installs new software releases, patches, updates and managers the overall configuration to ensure it is up to date and secure
- Perform basic hardware and software troubleshooting -Troubleshoot basic networking issues (Linux, Windows Networking, TCP/IP
- Must be able to Install, Maintain, and Upgrade computer hardware and software
- Install, configure and update Operating Systems and Application Software
- Monitor use of system resources, hard disk, cpu, and memory
- Serves as an associated engineering research assistant
- Basic knowledge of Linux and/or Windows operating systems requirements and configuration
- Basic knowledge of IT systems and network troubleshooting
- Good writing, communication and listening skills. Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- 0 years experience with Bachelors in related field OR
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 4 years relevant experience.
- Security + Certification Required
- Must be a able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Linux Experience is a plus
System Administrator Associate (Systems Administrator 1) 6562