SourceGeneral Dynamics Information Technology
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess: NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: SecretSuitability: Agency Specific Public Trust/Other Required: Job Family: Software DevelopmentJob Description: Work with cutting-edge applications that help advance the mission as a ServiceNow Developer at GDIT. Your work will have you fully immersed in our client's domain in order to deliver simple solutions for their complex needs. At GDIT, you'll prioritize the client while we prioritize your careerAt GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a ServiceNow Developer, you will be an important part of our platform support and development team. Presently we are on the Orlando release of ServiceNow in the cloud and actively using modules within the ITSM, ITOM and ITBM suites. There is a large demand here for new capabilities in the platform and we are looking for an experienced integrator and developer to help improve our discipline in supporting this critical platform, and broaden its impact through module expansion, platform integration and automation.The successful candidate will serve as a key technical resource regarding the configuration, development, support, and maintenance of the ServiceNow implementation and have fluency in ServiceNow design and development principles that enables them to work with external development partners and key stakeholders to develop enterprise business solutions for our customers that leverage ITIL processes and best practices.HOW THE SERVICENOW DEVELOPER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Ensure overall systems availability via good design/best practices, thorough testing, promotion discipline and responsiveness in root cause analysis.
- Partner with leadership to maintain and drive towards an aggressive platform roadmap.
- Demo platform capabilities to shape what is possible/recommended, not simply taking orders; rapidly prototype new solutions.
- Interact with platform customers and translate their business requirements into actionable development tasks.
- Reliably estimate relative work effort for various requests for self/team to enable prioritization.
- Serve as key ServiceNow application developer responsible for implementing/using best practices as pertains to workflows, integration, configuration, customization, orchestration, access controls, etc.
- Prepare and execute unit test cases and test scripts; support user acceptance testing.
- Proactively stay on top of new capabilities in the platform and educate team members and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Must hold ServiceNow Certified System Administrator credential.
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Solid developer experience independent of the ServiceNow platform, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid skills using the ServiceNow platform: developing APIs via script includes, a competency of client and server APIs beyond just Glide record (i.e. Ajax, date/time, various utilities on developer portal, etc.), Service Portal work leveraging Angular, mobile, integration hub, etc.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail; a high bar for quality results.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in parallel with an awareness for evolving prioritization.
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays