SourceGeneral Dynamics Information Technology
Windows/Linux Systems Administrator- TS/SCI with PolygraphVirginia, Springfield, 22161 Springfield USA
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret SCI + PolygraphClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret SCI + PolygraphSuitability: Polygraph Public Trust/Other Required: NoneJob Family: Systems AdministrationJob Description: At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Windows Systems Administrator s upports and manages the responsibilities of the successful completion of all tasks in assigned projects. You will be part a team that provide IT Window Systems Administration support to real-time operational activities to providing special communications to users around the world. Operations are of the highest priority and you will be working with a team of professionals dedicated to supporting on going or planned missions. Critical thinking skills are essential to resolving problems and clear communications skills are essential when communicating with the team, its users, and individuals in leadership roles. Familiarity with the government client's mission and the organization is helpful as you will be working with various external organizations such as the communications directorate and various acquisition offices and contractors that deliver new capabilities on a routine basis. A typical day-in-the-life of a system administrator will provide a daily a status to the team regarding system checks and routine maintenance activities, participation in problem diagnosis and resolution, support technical engineering meetings (TEM)s, and support testing and verification of new system capabilities when required. The ability to work and communicate effectively with government project officers and senior leaders is a plus. Applicants need to be operations oriented, self-starters and understand the demands of maintaining mission operations to include on call support.The core hours are between 7 am and 4 pm, but can be flexible, as long as those hours are covered by other team members. The position is primarily a day position, Monday through Friday but requires conducting morning systems checks prior to government 8:30 am status meetings and responding to system issues if mission impact demands a higher level of attention. The systems are robust and do not normally require after hour weekend support but the potential for such occasion is there. In the event of afterhours support and the issue cannot be resolved over the phone, the candidate must be able to report to the duty location within a 2 hour window. What You'll Get to Do:
- Provide support to a 24/7 operations team to maintain a suite of Windows based Realtime operations equipment.
- Support is identified as TIER 1 and TIER 2 support. TIER 1 involves customer service interface, ticket creation, ticket routing, reporting and resolution.
- Basic fixes include password resets, profile updates, provisioning of support and TIER 2 escalation and monitoring.
- TIER 2 support will include standard incident diagnostics, basic fixes based on troubleshooting guides to include reboots & resets, hardware touch (LRU replacement) capacity assignment, application system administration, database administration, backups and archival.
- Coordinate with TIER 3 factory support for elevation, monitoring and management.
- Operate, maintain and manage Windows based systems supporting an operational environment
- Overall day-to-day operations of the Windows environment
- Data backup and recovery
- Monitor, manage and maintain all Windows based servers
- Manage and maintain all Windows server based applications
- Create and maintain environment specific standard operating processes and procedures
- Experience with windows patching in an operational environment
- Ensure all Windows based systems are running current versions of antivirus software with current virus definition files
- Create, manage, and maintain accounts and group membership in Active Directory
- Experience managing Windows based virtual server environments
- Experience with SQL database queries and troubleshooting
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have or be willing to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT level 2 certification such as (Security+) within 5 months of start date
- Must be willing/able to work core hours of 7:00AM to 4:00PM during the week.
- Must be willing/able to participate in on call rotation for afterhours support.
- Must be willing/able to report to the duty location within a 2 hour window if issue(s) cannot be resolved remotely.
- Experience installing and configuring various COTS products
- Experience with configuration and management of Active Directory
- Experience with virtualization
- Understanding of networks and strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills in a mission critical operational environment
- Possess a positive, helpful, and professional demeanor
- Monitor and track trouble tickets and change requests to ensure high quality customer service
- Experience with Puppet or similar operations management software
- Strong command skills and bash scripting, including kick starts & startup scripts, regular expressions
- Basic working knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems - Servers and Workstations - (e.g., Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2016, Windows 7, and Windows 10)
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of some or all IT fundamentals - hardware (servers, switches, routers, etc.), software, networks (ports and services), databases, SAN storage, applications
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g., Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Good written and verbal skills; Experience presenting to management and peers
- Experience troubleshooting
- Experience with writing trouble tickets and following standard operating procedures to work to completion
- Basic familiarity with Enterprise Monitoring tools - i.e. Nagios
- A highly motivated self-starter working in a dynamic environment across a wide range of skill sets
- Ability to work in a team environment or as an individual when necessary
- Infrastructure processes, Realtime operations experience
- Linux operating system
- Other technical skills not listed above