SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Apex Systems is looking for a 100% remote Security Architect with one of our high end clients here in Richmond, VA. If you are interested in hearing more, please apply or contact me directly at with your most up to date resume.Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives that will advance the enterprise security program to protect information assets and technical infrastructure
- Evaluate emerging threats and industry trends identifying focus areas for IT security investment.
- Develop and implement security solutions aligned with industry best practices to meet business objectives and maintain compliance with legal and regulatory standards
- Develop and implement strategic plans aligned with industry standard security models (ISO, Cobit, NIST etc)
- Develop and communicate enterprise wide IT security strategic plans
- Develop IT Security architecture and provide solution recommendations to IT projects
- Set IT security technology direction
- Develop IT security controls validation criteria and metrics to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Asses emerging threats and recommend appropriate actions to ensure the continued confidentiality integrity and availability of company data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum of 10 years IT experience with a minimum of 5 years in an information security role.
- CISSP (Certified System Security Professional) certification desired
- Broad knowledge of IT technologies, Operating Systems and Applications platforms
- Detailed understanding of modern networking technologies and network security controls
- Prior hands on security experience at an enterprise level in at least one of the following domains: Server, Networking or End User Devices
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detailed understanding of Windows/Linux/IOS/Android system security controls.
- Nice to have: Azure cloud exposure
Cloud Security Engineer