SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Sr. Linux Engineer Looking for a long term opportunity in Richmond, VA? Our client is looking for aSenior Systems Engineer with a strong background using Red Hat Enterprise Linux (prefer RHCSA certification), understanding application architecture fundamentals, and utilizing automation technology like Ansible/Terraform.This will be a full-time role after a 6 month contract period!The candidate should have extensive knowledge of infrastructure architecture (i.e.: Red Hat Enterprise Application Platform, OpenJDK, Kubernetes, OpenShift) including troubleshooting software functionality, application server setup, log analysis, and third-party integrations.The candidate should possess written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate with both internal and external users of various technical levels. Must be able to work individually or in a team environment. Must have a strong desire to learn and expand on existing knowledge and industry-standard certifications are a plus. Must be willing to provide 24/7 support as part of an on-call rotation. Required Skills:
- Administration of application middleware servers (i.e.: JBOSS EAP, Tomcat, Apache w/modcluster)
- Strong understanding of management/deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, Satellite).
- Administration of Linux in both virtualized and physical environments (primarily VMWare).
- Integration of Linux systems into an Active Directory environment using SSSD/winbind and samba.
- Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE or equivalent industry standard certifications.
- Management of VMs in a VMWare 6.x environment.
- High availability/DR configuration and management.
- Ability to work with a ticket system (i.e.: Salesforce) to manage incidents, tasks, and change control requests.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Minimum 10 years of technical experience in Linux environment.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to prioritize along with good time management skills.
- Ability to participate as part of a team.
- High level of initiative, proactive approach.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently and is a self-starter. Level of Experience: Candidates must have experience with the following components and systems (numbers at the end of the title section denote the strength of the candidate