Job#: 1269393 Job Description: Chemical Technician I - Perform industry and client specific laboratory tests as requested, complete preliminary analysis, and record data to support R&D projects.Responsibilities:
- Participate in safety related activities and maintain an up-to-date understanding of company, industry and government safety procedures and regulations.
- Perform industry and client specific laboratory tests using established procedures.
- Assist in development and modification of tests as needed.
- Develop plan for testing and/or additive blending.
- Complete preliminary analysis and interpretation of test results.
- Prepare reports, memos, presentations, etc., and/or enter into database(s), to communicate results to appropriate parties.
- Handle requests and report results in agreed upon timelines.
- Operate specialized test equipment in accordance with established procedure.
- Perform tests accurately to insure reproducibility.
- Assume responsibilities for the maintenance and trouble shooting of the laboratory equipment and/or instrumentation necessary to perform the laboratory tests.
- Purchase, maintain, and/or obtain adequate inventory of samples and lab supplies for testing and work area.
- Maintain work area in a neat, clean, and safe condition.
- Maintain adequate level of specific as well as general technical expertise through training, seminars, etc., at the direction of management to support required activity.
- May blend components and/or develop new or modify existing formulations to meet objectives and may analyze various blends and base stocks to determine properties.
- May perform non-standardized laboratory procedures independently and/or with guidance of experienced personnel.
- May represent client with customers, industry organizations at the direction of management and may train other personnel as necessary.
- Assure that complete ISO documentation is maintained on all ISO or quality related activities.
- Participate in ISO related activities and maintain an up-to-date understanding of the ISO function.
Senior Telecommunications Technician