SalaryUSD $160000 - $160000 per 180000 160000 - 160000 per 180000
Principle Software Engineer (Java/ Microservices) | $180k | RVAVirginia, Richmond, 23298 Richmond USA
Looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. You would be an influential early hire in a fast-growing startup conveniently located in Richmond, VA. If you are excited about designing & building scalable, highly available systems, with a small sharp agile team, then this is the right role for you. You will:
- Design and build software products that impact the lives of millions of consumers and help improve the development team around you.
- Work across our web stack and get the opportunity to work within our Web, Platform, Data and Machine Learning teams.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Credit, Growth and Data Science teams to understand customer needs and how to design and build the most appropriate features or systems.
- Technical Leadership experience with modern web environments rich in Kotlin, Java, Python, Clojure or equivalent.
- A passion for making an impact through technology leadership while building consumer products that make a difference to the lives of customers.
- A strong desire to mentor and improve the developers around you.
- Experience with designing, deploying and improving distributed systems and their associated systems, like orchestration, testing, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructure such as Heroku, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies.
- Experience building consumer-facing products and a passion for evaluating the best technologies to improve the lives of our customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline.
- Previous exposure to transaction processing systems - payments, billing, commerce, order management etc.
- Deep knowledge of performance tuning, measurement and experimentation systems