SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Database Management/Database Administrator (Developmental)Virginia, Reston, 20190 Reston USA
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is looking for an experienced Database Administrator to support an existing system and provide the structure and guidance to incorporate new technologies.Primary ResponsibilitiesOverall responsibilities as a Database Administrator (DBA) include performing all necessary procedures for several databases across several environments. Specific development, test, and production responsibilities will include:
- Install and maintain database software, including Oracle 10G RAC, on UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms.
- Providing corporate applications with DBA consultation and technical support for Oracle databases using Oracle 11G, 10G, 9i and 8i.
- Provide customers with backup and recovery capability. Maintain nightly backups and recover loss data from backups, using software including RMAN and SQL Backtrack for Oracle.
- Evaluate and update database designs for better performance.
- Address integration between databases.
- Provide advice to application developers.
- Maintain database documents and procedures.
- Support database security.
- Address and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- AWS experience.
- Prior experience reading and developing solutions to customer requirements.
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL, UNIX, PostGres, and Linux.
Database Management/Database Administrator (Developmental)
Database Management/Database Administrator (Full Performance)