Job DescriptionWhatYou’ll Do.
As a SoftwareEngineer,you are fascinated withdesigning,buildingand testing software, youenjoy the challenge of solvingtechnical problems, andyouthriveinenvironmentswhere you cancollaboratewith other engineers.Through hands-on experience and interaction with some of thegreatestsoftware engineering teams in the industry, you will gainexperience and understandinginproducing software solutions to meet ourcustomer’sneeds.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will contribute to designing, producing, testing, or implementing routine or foundational software, technology, or processes, as well as contribute to creating and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems. Our early-careerist engineerscollaborate with senior staff to implement new software technologies and maintain existingsoftware’susing standard methods,practices, and precedents.This opportunity will allow you toapplyyourfundamental knowledge of process-driven approach in designing solutionsfor our customers.The Tools:
In this role, youmaylearn andwork withprogramminglanguages, technologies,and frameworks such as:
- Agile Process Development
- Cloud Technologies
- Application Programming Interface (API)
- AWS developer tools
- Integrating software components and third-party applications
- Providing support to production applications, troubleshooting,debuggingand upgrading existing software
- Recommending and executing improvements to both the software and development process
- Creating scalable, automated solutions to support business needs
Every day offers compelling opportunities to work with exceptional people and help make an impact on the future of the housing industry. As aSoftware Engineer,you will work with cutting-edge technology on diverse teams that foster innovation and collaboration. We offer an opportunity to receive on-the-job training, gain professional development, and build a wide support network of peers, managers, and officers in our Washington, DC; Reston, Virginia; and Plano, Texas offices.
At Fannie Mae, we believe in supporting our employees and providing the tools for success while promoting a healthy work life balance. We offer flexible work arrangements that enable you to perform at your best, assistance for college education and tuition reimbursement, volunteer and community outreach opportunities, and 6 percent 401k match and benefits that cover you from day one. At Fannie Mae, we believe in supporting our employees and providing the tools for success while promoting a healthy work life balance. We offer flexible work arrangements that enable you to perform at your best, assistance for college education and tuition reimbursement, volunteer and community outreach opportunities, and six percent 401k match and benefits that cover you from day one.
BoostLevel-UpYour Development: First Year Forward
As a full-time associate, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of First Year Forward (FYF), an immersive experience designed to compliment your on-the-job training and help you gain exposure to our business and networking opportunities during your first 12 months. As a full-time associate, you’ll be enrolled in First Year Forward (FYF), an immersive experience designed to complement your on-the-job training and help you gain exposure to our business and networking opportunities during your first 12 months. While in your new role, First Year Forward will empower you to succeed through:
Professional development and training
Networking and community-building experiences
Developing industry knowledge
Online portal for information sharing and career development tools
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Academic Achievement (preferred GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Bachelor’s degree obtained between May 2020and May 2022
- Computer Sciencesand Engineeringmajors are preferred.Other technical majorswill beconsideredbasedon a candidate’s technical experience and/or aptitude.
- Proven abilitysolvingproblems, debugging, troubleshooting,designingand implementing solutions to complex technical issue
- Familiarity with various technical frameworks andAgile development methodologies
- Experience with databases,software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to contribute to a team atmosphere
- Self-starter, strong business acumen, and results focus
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [emailprotected]
CCIP Intern: Software Engineer (Summer 2022 June-August)
Entry Level Software Engineer
Offensive Software Engineer
Staff Software Engineer (Remote US)
Software Engineer - Test Automation
Principal Software Integration & Test Engineer
Software Engineer Manager