SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Please review the job details below.Maxar is looking to add an experienced Data Annotator to support an Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) Center of Excellence (CoE) to serve as a lab-to-factory incubator to advance AI/ML innovations and capabilities for use in various Sponsor offices. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven candidate with great aptitude for attention to detail to leverage their expertise in imagery analysis, machine learning for object detection (focused on computer vision overhead satellite imagery, video, and audio), and data processing to help produce meaningful results leading to actionable intelligence.Life with Us Your Project: We're providing technical expertise and infrastructure to accelerate leveraging data and models for location intelligence applications. The Data Annotator will provide technical services across the entire AI/ML pipeline working with various teams to research, create, catalog, and validate training data for mission-critical machine learning efforts within the community.Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor, and/or a mentor, to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.We offer: Dedicated professional development time; conference attendance; corporate partner and industry training; peer groups; paid certifications.Day-to-day with your colleagues: The Data Annotator will provide technical services assisting the AI/ML team in developing automated end-to-end pipeline solutions, researching/gathering open and classified data sources, categorizing gathered data/content (i.e., training data) for use in machine learning models, validating pre-categorized data, assisting in the development and maintenance of a training data catalog, and maintaining best practices for data quality standards. Additional contributions across the pipeline include facilitating the dissemination of labeled data to key stakeholders within the AI/ML and data science community.Minimum Requirements:
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
- Bachelor's Degree in data science or related field or four years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong Python programming skills
- Strong imagery preprocessing skills and functional knowledge of imagery metadata and collection parameters
- Strong familiarity and experience with Github
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with customers and technical teams
- Functional knowledge of programming using Python
- Familiarity with various AI/ML frameworks and/or models (e.g., Tensorflow, or Caffe, etc.)
- Experience utilizing Tableau for data analysis