SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Sr. Oracle Database Engineer to provide Agile DevOps support to mission critical systems. As a Sr. Oracle Database Engineer on this program, you will have the opportunity to provide design and develop of databases in a DevSecOps environment. In this role, you will provides support for applications, hardware, software, network connections, and new system initiatives for all sites within area of responsibility. This role requires an individual that is customer and detail oriented and has experience with hands-on IT implementation.Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyze critical software requirements to determine feasibility of design based on scheduling and cost constraints.
- Responsible for supporting innovative solutions within DevOps toolsets/practices (GitHub, Jenkins, and Unix Bash scripting)
- Candidates must have significant experience designing and developing databases in a DevSecOps environment.
- Candidate should have a firm understanding of database operations in a multi-platform environment leveraging Oracle, Java, SQL, and the like.
- Candidate must be familiar with the software development life-cycle.
- Support the development and adherence to procedures and policies.
- This role requires excellent oral and written communication skills and command of the English language.
- Monitor and manage production databases, including assisting in the software release process
- Monitor and manage backend data synchronization applications and external data source retrieval, applications.
- Duties include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return.
- This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence.
- Experience using Oracle , SQL, HADOOP
- Proficient with common Agile practices, service-orientated environments, and development practices
- Proficient with scripting languages (i.e. Java, SQL, C, Ruby, Python) and able to support development as necessary.
- Experience applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Experience supporting a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience with the creation of data warehousing and 2nd Tier data models.
- Experience developing methodologies and presenting solutions to problems.
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics.
- Requires BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate .
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Sr. Oracle Database Engineer