SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We're focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn't be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist (SME) to provide mission critical support to our customer. In this role, you will uses Data Science and Engineering techniques to satisfy customer requirements. This role designs, implements, and maintains standard data interfaces for data ingest including Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) methodology and implementation, APIs, RESTful Web Services, data quality, and data cleansing. This role collaborates across a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Data Administrators to produce work products. This role requires familiarization with a broad range of data analysis tools and techniques in order to leads complex projects requiring data analysis, interpretation, and communication to support decision-makers and customers. You will implement data auditing, reporting, and security through the use of existing tools and developing new ones. Requires a familiarization with a broad range of data analysis tools and techniques. This role ensures high quality data is available for use by other team members.Primary Responsibilities:
- This role designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including big data sources.
- This role develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate datasets.
- This role analyzes the requirements and evaluates technologies for data science capabilities including Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing. Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems. Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
- This role develops information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance. Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Requires Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 - 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Master's degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field or Bachelor's degree in a business or management-related field accompanied by experience managing technical requirements in complex programs. Experience displaying expert domain knowledge in a technical field.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising others.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, ship is required.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
Azure Data Ops Engineer
Lead Data Engineer - AWS