SourceHII's Technical Solutions Division
Network Engineer, Senior (Engineer Network 3) - 6255Virginia, Hampton roads, 23501 Hampton roads USA
Job Description Requisition Number: 6255Required Travel: 26 - 50%Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/ExemptHours Per Week: 40Security Clearance: SecretLevel of Experience: SeniorJob DescriptionWould you like to be part of a high-level engineering team migrating and upgrading large network enterprises for the US Navy? Would you like to dramatically increase your skills and knowledge as a professional, working with a very senior team employing advanced designs and solutions?The Network Engineer in this position will be providing network support to dedicated enterprise Navy operational and training networks, under the engineering oversight of the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), Corona Division. The network engineer will be a member of a network engineering and operations team supporting enterprise Navy operational and training networks, distributed globally to hundreds of shore-based sites and 120+ ships. Engineer will be focused on consolidating operational Navy Air Ranges into the Navy Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN) standard network architecture. This position will report to the Network Engineering Functional Lead and will augment the Network Architect for the effort.Essential Job Responsibilities• Security+ Certification required • CCNA Certification required. • CCNP Certification, a plus. • Strong experience in installing and troubleshooting WAN and LAN network equipment including DISA WAN circuits, routing (BGP/EIGRP/OSPF), VLANs, and switchport configurations. • Strong experience in monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and configuring ASA and/or FirePOWER NGFW firewall access control lists. • Strong ability to troubleshoot network issues at the protocol/packet level using sniffers, protocol analyzers, netflow, logging, etc. • Strong knowledge of Cisco Internetworking including IP addressing (subnets, CIDR), switching (VTP, VLANs, 802.1q, IGMP, etc) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, multicast, etc.) and Cisco IOS. • Strong knowledge of IP networking fundamentals including OSI model, frame and packet structure, (OSI, frames, packets etc.). • Experience with NSA Type 1 KG cryptographic devices and keymat particularly KG-175D and KG-175G. • Experience in a network operations center environment including help desk, customer communication, trouble ticketing, and issue resolution. • Experience in independent project management. • Experience with Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guidelines • Experience with network and performance monitoring tools (Cisco IP SLA, SolarWinds, HP NA, PRTG). • Experience in network security, tools, and technologies including firewalls, VRFs, 802,1x, and port-security. • Must be willing to work periodic but brief shifted schedules include evening, night, and weekend when necessary, when onsite installation requires it. • Must be willing to travel CONUS and OCONUS approximately 40-50%. • Must be a US Citizen, possess a current or able to obtain a Secret security clearance.Minimum Qualifications
- 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 3 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 0 years experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Additional duties may include escalation of issues or problems that are discovered by the NOC to the Network Engineer.
- May provide troubleshooting assistance of network connectivity including WAN circuits, equipment failures, router and switch configurations, firewall access control lists, VoIP device registrations and configuration as well as Call Manager and UCM troubleshooting, and cryptographic device configurations and keying material.
- Familiarity with Cisco VoIP, including PoE switches and Call Manager or Unified
- Strong technical network troubleshooting and critical thinking skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems.
- Report and maintain documentation of the physical and logical network architecture, IP addressing, networking capabilities, and service level performance of the sites as well as documentation on proposed changes or modifications.
- May be required to assist the Project Lead with additional network engineering tasks, development of architectural and technical briefs or documents on the design, capabilities, and functional operation of networking technologies and projects for peer-review with Network Engineering and other divisions.
Network Engineer, Senior (Engineer Network 3) - 6266