SourceHII's Technical Solutions Division
Network Administrator, Lead (Network Communications 4) 6343Virginia, Hampton roads, 23501 Hampton roads USA
Job Description Requisition Number: 6343Required Travel: 0 - 10%Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/ExemptHours Per Week: 40Security Clearance: SecretLevel of Experience: SeniorJob DescriptionMission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries is seeking a Network Administrator, Lead (Network Communications 4) to support the Navy Integrated Training Environment (NITE) program. Network Administrator, Lead (Network Communications 4) is responsible for administration, maintenance, and cybersecurity defense of all Navy Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN) client and server infrastructure used to support enterprise-wide modeling and simulation applications and services for NITE.The candidate will work in close coordination with other team members and departments to update, monitor and maintain servers and workstations used throughout the enterprise. Additional duties include performing Microsoft Windows server administration, manage GPOs, create/modify DHCP reservations, patching and STIG'ing, as well as, authoring standard operating procedures, training junior personnel, and performing Tier 2 technical support. Individual must be able to work independently and work within a team.• Experience with Microsoft WSUS or SCCM • Experience with Windows Servers 2016/2019 and Active Directory • Windows desktop operating systems (WIN10 SHB) • RedHat desktop operating systems (RHEL 7/8) experience highly desired • Experience digesting and implementing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) • Experience with patching Microsoft servers and workstations • Experience with VMware • Familiarity with VDI technologies and protocols • Strong technical troubleshooting skills • Ability to read and digest technical information • Ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems • Strong attention to detail • Strong customer focus, the ability to manage customer needs and multiple work priorities • Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills • Experience installing release upgrades highly preferred"Position requires flexibility to work occasional non-standard work hours and work weeks of more than 40 hours to meet business, customer, and contractual requirements. Additionally, position requires flexibility as duties and responsibilities may be adjusted to meet business, customer, and contractual requirements."Essential Job Responsibilities
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN).
- Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain a US Secret security clearance
- 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field OR
- 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field OR
- 4 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field OR
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience
- Security+ or equivalent certification