SourceHII's Technical Solutions Division
Cybersecurity Analyst V (Cyber Network Analysis Tech 4) 6420Virginia, Hampton roads, 23501 Hampton roads USA
Job Description Requisition Number: 6420Required Travel: 0 - 10%Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/ExemptHours Per Week: 40Security Clearance: Top SecretLevel of Experience: SeniorJob DescriptionMission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst V for the Navy Integrated Training Environment (NITE) program. The Cybersecurity Analyst V, will serve as the Host Based Security System (HBSS) Administrator and will be part of the Cybersecurity Team to provide IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Enterprise IT Systems.The candidate will be responsible for the operation and system administration of the Host Based Security Systems supporting the Naval Integrated Training Environment.
- Understanding of Linux/Unix operating system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge and experience in working with Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS).
- Create customized scanning/testing configurations within testing tools to suit security configuration requirements.
- Identify the applicable NIST 800-53 security controls or policies that correspond to any finding identified via manual or automated testing, to a specific CVE, IT technologies, or any other physical or logical subject.
- Perform analysis of cybersecurity directives, policies, and instructions to include, but not limited to: Communications Task Orders (CTOs), Fragmentary/Task/Operation Orders (FRAG/TASK/OPORDs), IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) guidance, and STIG requirements.
- Ensure current security testing and evaluation software is sufficient to the task of conducting infrastructure security testing and regularly look for and recommend additional software that may fill gaps in current security testing toolset.
- Provide subject matter expertise concerning known vulnerabilities, and become knowledgeable of newly released vulnerabilities, and discuss methods of exploitation, methods of mitigation or remediation, severity of impact and other pertinent considerations of vulnerabilities.
- Perform risk analysis/independent verification on security configuration and STIG finding risk reports / POA&Ms for devices on the network.
- Provide system administration and maintain operations of HBSS servers.
- Implement HBSS migration/compliance strategy.
- Troubleshoot HBSS product issues and outages.
- Administer ePO tree structure management.
- Administer policy catalog management.
- Coordinate ASI details and planning as needed.
- Maintain system patches, O/S, SQL, and HBSS STIG compliance.
- Resolve ePO server (O/S, ePO, or SQL) issues.
- Maintain the ePO server (automated tasks, task scheduler, database maintenance tasks, etc.)
- Ability to work independently or in as an integrated team with strong organizational and communication skills
- Performs assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identifies systems and networks that deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
- Evaluates incident response procedures and capabilities.
- Exploits system and network vulnerabilities and misconfigurations for purposes of gathering data from target or adversary automated information systems or networks and to enable operations and intelligence collection capabilities.
- Leverages computer networks to disrupt, deny, degrade, or destroy information resident in computers and computer networks, or the computers and networks themselves.
- 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field OR
- 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field OR
- 4 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field OR
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain US Top Secret security clearance
- Comply with the DoD Cyber IT/CSWF Program requirements of DoD 8570.1-M and SECNAV M-5239.2 at the Intermediate (IAT-II) level. Minimum COMPTIA Security+ certification (CISSP) preferred)
- HBSS specific training and/or certification (e.g. DISA HBSS 201 Admin ePO5.1(Required) and DISA HBSS 301 Advanced ePO5.1 preferred
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) preferred
- May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment.
- Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
Cybersecurity Analyst V (Cyber Network Analysis Tech 4) 6683
Cybersecurity Analyst IV (Cyber Network Analysis Tech 3) 7312
Cybersecurity Analyst III (Cyber Network Analysis Tech 3) 7310