SourceHII's Technical Solutions Division
Job Description Requisition Number: 6227Required Travel: 0 - 10%Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/ExemptHours Per Week: 40Security Clearance: SecretLevel of Experience: MidEmployee Referral Bonus Amount: [[filter10]]Job DescriptionThe Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) Engineering Sustainment Team (NEST) Engineer is a member of the NCTE Mission Engineering Division (MED). As a member of the NEST/MED team, you will provide engineering support to critical Navy training events using a mixture of Live, Virtual, and Constructive (i.e. computer generated) (LVC) systems and capabilities. You will also deploy and configure software components - like the Navy Training Baseline (NTB) (e.g. JSAF, JBUS, etc) across the NCTE enterprise and perform other engineering and project activities in order to sustain LVC products and integrate capability within the NCTE.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Installs and configures new NTB software releases, upgrades, and patches.
- Provides engineering related support for NTB setup and configuration during the planning and execution of training events.
- Evaluates and resolves moderately complex software related problems.
- Uses systems management software to monitor servers and applications, troubleshoots problems and coordinates with other teams when problems occur.
- Coordinates with software engineers in order to enhance effectiveness of existing NTB toolset as well as to identify candidate controlling and monitoring processes that can be streamlined and automated by NTB software efforts.
- Develops and maintains technical architecture, configuration, and status documentation.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems and be able to use advanced capabilities such as (but not limited to): command line interface, scripting, network interface configuration, device configuration, domain management, file sharing/mapping, etc.
- Must currently hold and be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret clearance
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts, architectures, and transport technologies like TCP/IP
- Ability to utilize network and distributed modeling & simulation tools such as Wireshark and PLEXSYS is preferred
- Knowledge of Distributed Simulation protocols such as High Level Architecture (HLA) and Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) is preferred
- Knowledge of Navy C4I tactical systems such as Link 16 and GCCS is preferred
- Experience working with Navy systems and/or commands desirable but not mandatory.
- CompTIA Security + and Linux+ certifications are required for the position and special consideration may be given for candidates with these certifications. If candidate does not already possess these certifications, training and certification exam will be provided for the right candidate.
NEST Engineer (Engineer Systems 3) - 7993