SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:100% telework is allowed for this position with about 10% travel post-COVID restrictionsLeidos is seeking a highly competent, detailed oriented, and motivated Senior Software Engineer to support a variety of Leidos programs and initiatives. The programs include our corporate help desk and various government customers. The Senior Software Engineer will have the opportunity to join a fast paced team to provide innovative solutions from start to finish.Did you know that Leidos gets over 2500 password reset requests in a given month? The average wait times came last over 5 minutes. You'll have the chance to provide solutions enterprise wide that can result in serious cost savings for the organization and will be able to see the direct impact of your work. This position also allows you to work 100% remotely, with about 10% travel post COVID travel restrictions.Here is an example of the exciting work we are doing.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain existing software applications supporting AI voice chatbots, infrastructure as code deployment, cloud on-boarding and others.
- Develop, test and implement improvements to the existing applications
- Develop, design, test and implement new applications and/or use cases leveraging cloud AI/ML services from Microsoft, Google and AWS.
- Coordinate solutions with cloud developers and telecommunications team members for testing and deploying applications
- Conduct analysis, design, code, testing and documentation of software enhancements to existing software baselines
- Perform a variety of software engineering duties, including benchmarking, testing and validation of software changes and quality control of software.
- Perform in-depth studies, trend evaluations, statistical analysis and computer hardware/software vendor evaluations relating to supported or future systems and architectures as required
- Provide day-to-day technical support for the applications deployed (Tier 2 and 3).
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years + experience in software development and architecture
- Hands on experience on maintaining AWS environment: (Min 3 years): Google DialogueFlow, Google Cloud Platform, Google SDK, REST API, IAM, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Google App Engine, Cloud Functions, Datastore, Secret management, Storage, Memorystore - Redis, Azure Resource group, App service, Web App Bot, cognitive services, QandA maker, LUIS, Voice to text Technologies, ServiceNow API Development, Elasticbeanstalk, EC2, AMI and account management, CloudFront, RDS, Load balancer/Auto Scaler, CloudFormation
- Proficient in Linux - AWS CLI and EB (Min 3 years)
- Proficient in SQL database - including MySQL, Aurora (Min 3 years)
- GitHub - ability to manage branches, resolve Git issues such as merge problems. Knowledge about Git Workflow. (Min 3 years)
- Hands on experience in DevOps, SecDevOps, and Agile methodologies (Min 5 years)
- Change Management / Project Management Skills (Min 5 years)
- Experience with security frameworks NIST, FISMA, FedRAMP, ATO (Min 3 years)
- Exceptional communication and written skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance