SourceGeneral Dynamics Information Technology
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret SCI + PolygraphClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret SCI + PolygraphSuitability: Polygraph Public Trust/Other Required: Job Family: Systems EngineeringJob Description: Own the opportunity as a Systems Engineer and help ensure the mission is never interrupted. At GDIT, we deliver clarity with our cloud solutions and provide meaningful work. Your work will be an important part of transforming our clients for the modern age and help them face any obstacle.Ensure the safety and security of our nation as a Systems Engineer at GDIT. You'll apply the latest technology and provide operational support to deliver actionable intelligence for the Intelligence Community. Here, your work will have meaning and impact as you deliver your best every day.At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to solve complex IT issues while delivering outstanding customer service. HOW BEING A SYSTEMS ENGINEER MAKE AN IMPACT? The Sponsor is responsible for providing account management and delivering IT support. The Sponsor has a dedicated support staff and provides support to a multimedia production group. The Sponsor requires support to aid in the assistance of IT requirements for its core partners. The Contractor shall perform IT requirements validation to include technical consultation, coordination of security approvals, tracking of requirements from receipt through completion, and responding to status requests. WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with server technologies, MVS (multiple virtual storage), Linux, UNIX, and Windows technology and operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) and supported utility and security applications.
- Demonstrated experience setting up and managing servers in Commercial Cloud Enterprise (C2E).
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-system and multi-application environment with multiple specialties such as operating systems, e-mail, database platforms, storage technologies, and hardware support.
- Demonstrated experience working with network requirements to anticipate impact on respective operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience understanding organizational standards for operating configurations, security constraints, and procedures for managing organization software.
- Demonstrated experience problem solving, to include independent diagnoses and resolving complex technical problems.
- Demonstrated experience using analytical planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of project management techniques to plan and execute projects.
- Demonstrated experience using strong oral and written communication skills in order to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience working independently on routine tasks.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience working with system developers to elicit requirements and engage in joint project planning.
- Demonstrated experience tracking requirements.
- Demonstrated experience researching the latest technological developments in the relevant operating systems to identify impact on organization operating systems and to anticipate changes.
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Preferred Skills: Demonstrated experience working with internal business partners to elicit requirements.
- Associate's degree in one of the following:
- Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline.
- A Bachelor's degree in one of the following:
- Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline
- Location: Mclean, VA - Customer site
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Distinguished Engineer - Multi-Cloud (Remote Eligible)
Principal Systems Engineer
Platform Engineer / Platform Service Engineer / Devops Engineer / Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer / Cloud Engineer / Platform Architect / Infrastructure Engineer