SalaryUSD 80/h on C2C 80/h on C2C
Title: Senior Java Developer Location: Washington DC/Herndon VA Contract to Hire - 3 Months MUST BE ABLE TO CONVERT TO AN FTE This is a development work we need a solid developer who can start running right away! The Enterprise Modeling and Analytics Development Team is looking for a senior software engineer to join their team as they engage on their tech journey to the cloud, transforming and creating an analytics system for Multifamily. You will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Translate complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code. Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements. Design and execute modeling application systems via distributed computing both on premise and on external cloud.
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed solution specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in Java and Python.
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in programming in Java/J2EE and Python
- Hands-on experience developing, deploying and debugging in AWS/Cloud environment
- Hands on experience with building RESTful Web Services. Must have solid understanding of JSON and XML.
- Hands on experience with development interfacing large Database systems on-prems and on Cloud. Must be proficient wit designing SQL queries.
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix environment and shell scripting.
- Experience with Angular and UI development is preferable.
- Experience with SAS and R is preferable.
- Experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
- Experienced with Agile practices and methodologies
- Ability to lead complex architecture and design white-boarding sessions.
- Experience with working with financial or scientific modeling software applications.
- Financial industry and analytics experience highly desired.
Backend Java Developer