SalaryUSD $60,000 - $70,000 60000 - 70000
SourceKlas Government, Inc.
The Field Support Engineer II position is primarily responsible for providing technical support and training for Klas Fly-Away Systems to end users; resolving technical problems in a help desk environment or at customers location by using his/her expertise in customer service and technical knowledge gained from prior experience to resolve issues surrounding systems configurations, usage, and training; responding to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support, as well as, providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support to end users.In this position you will:
- Provides both virtual and on-site training to customers on their Klas solutions in both tactical and non-tactical environments.
- Ensures day-to-day operations of NOC and training technology infrastructure, including networks, servers, databases, are properly supported and maintained.
- Provides tier 3 assistance to customer remotely and on-site to resolve issues.
- Provides technical escalation support to Tier 1 staff to ensure continuous improvement within the technical staff.
- Assists in the maintenance of the test lab environment that is used to replicate customer issues to better understand problems and work towards resolutions.
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to management that report system and customer issues.
- Document knowledge in the form of technical notes and articles.
- Maintains log and traceability of System Configurations delivered to customers.
- Creates systems documentation such as training, operations, installation, and maintenance manuals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or four to six years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret level security clearance
- Ability to travel up to 50% both domestic and international
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Applications
- Fluent with CLI for routers, switches, and firewalls to include the use for terminal emulators and analyzers
- Solid understanding of subnetting and routing technologies such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IPSEC VPN, and GRE
- Knowledge of Virtual Platforms, Unix/Linux systems, utilities, and scripting. Knowledge of Type 1 HAIPE devices (KG s), Data Transfer Devices (DTD), and COMSEC procedures
- Solid understanding of government networks.
- Military background and experience with deployable and tactical communication systems.
- Basic understanding of tactical SATCOM terminals.