SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Please review the job details below.Maxar Technologies is looking for an Aerospace Engineer to join our team in Herndon, VA. Does working as an aerospace simulation analyst on Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) study efforts and influencing the design and procurement of future space and airborne systems interest you? Do you enjoy working on multiple short-term studies concurrently along with long-term analysis work? Can you analyze large amounts of data to find patterns and express that data using charts and graphs? In this role, you will perform high-fidelity modeling and simulation of satellites, aircraft, and ISR sensor suites for a variety of government and commercial customers.We perform a key role in helping to design and analyze systems that are being considered for the hard problems facing our nation. These studies will be conducted in support of government and industry customers.Responsibilities:
- Instantiating complex vignettes
- Architecting studies and trades of aerospace systems and their payloads
- Developing tools for data analysis
- Performing detailed Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) checks of simulation input and results
- Presenting your results to senior-level decision-makers and customers
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong problem-solving and thinking skills are required to quickly update existing models and scenarios to reflect the unique capabilities and solutions being considered.
- Must be able to work both independently and in team environments.
- 6 years of relevant experience.
- Completed coursework in the theory and applications of astrodynamics, remote sensing, spacecraft design, aerospace systems operations, computational fluid dynamics, machine learning, or complex systems integration is desired.
- Ability to develop stand-alone engineering tools/scripts via Python, and/or MATLAB, and Excel
- Experience with the design, development, and software implementation of complex mathematical algorithms.
Cloud DevOps Engineer, Senior
Platform Engineer, Senior
CI-CD Engineer, Veterans Affairs
DevOps Engineer Lead
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Test Engineer - Journeyman
Automation Test Engineer