SourceApex Clean Energy
Job DescriptionJob Description:
We are seeking an experienced and professional Senior Development Manager to join our new and growing Distributed Energy Resources (DER) team to help manage the growth, development and execution of our growing portfolio of community solar energy projects across the United States. Our Developers are directly responsible for managing the development activities within the projects that they are assigned. Such activities include land acquisition and origination, permitting process, lease negotiations, the interconnection process, project area research, compilation and presentation of analysis to both internal and external stakeholders, tracking budgets and schedules, project marketing strategy, working with project consultants, and more. As a Senior Development Manager, you will leadcommunity and client relationships throughout the development process and you'll work together with our internal teams at every stage of development to help us successfully get our projects to the finish line.
Our ideal candidate will come into this role with a genuine interest in renewable energy and at least 4years of community solar and/or utility-scale solarproject development experience. You have a solid track record of exemplary teamwork and enjoy working on a dynamic and diverse team. You understand all things project development, can negotiate contracts, and have no problem organizing, planning, and meeting deadlines for large multi-faceted projects. You seize the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and you thrive in an environment that requires flexibility and adaptation to constant change, shifting demands, and moving timelines. Our ideal candidate is a problem-solver and a personable self-starter who can independently complete tasks on schedule.Department: Distributed Energy ResourcesTravel: up to 40%
- Manage various project development aspects of distributed energy projects across our United States portfolio
- Work closely with the DER Team to uncover new opportunities and drive forward existing projects under development
- Secure a network of accounts in order to reach permitting for the realization of projects
- Manage the local, state and federal permitting processes
- Coordinate the project interconnection process
- Oversee project environmental and wildlife studies in coordination with our Environmental Permitting Team
- Organize, track, and manage project budget, schedule and proforma
- Manage and support the negotiation of power purchase and asset agreements
- Compile and analyze data for project stakeholders and partners
- Work cross-departmentally to maintain clear communication at all stages of the project development process
- Responsible for smooth collaboration between the different internal departments
- Research, conduct self-guided analysis, produce reports, and present information clearly to senior leadership
- Oversee project consultants: environmental, engineering, transmission, etc.
- Travel to project site locations and attending stakeholder meetings (up to 40%)
- At least 4years leading the utility-scale solar and/or community solar project development process directly managing activities including but not limited to land acquisition and origination, permitting process, lease negotiations, interconnection process, project area research, budgets and schedules, and project strategy. 5+ years of experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated successful track record in project development and contract negotiations
- Experience with commercial solar and energy storage markets
- Strong working knowledge of project financial models
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within and lead multi-disciplinary teams on large, multi-facted, multi-million dollar projects
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to productively take ownership of projects while communicating collaboratively throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Adept at problem-solving
- Articulate with the ability to assist with management, client and public presentations.
- Strong computer and research skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing and able to travel 40% to project sites across our US portfolio
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position.
- Willing to work from our headquarters in Charlottesville, VA or satellite office in Lake Elmo, MN. Remote locationin a suitable project area will be considered for the right candidate.
Additional InformationApex Clean Energy, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Senior Development Manager, Community Solar
Senior Development Manager, Distributed Energy Resources (DER)
Land Development Project Manager