Job ID: 2209290Location: CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted: 2022-06-17Category: Engineering and SciencesSubcategory: Systems EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: NoMinimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: NonePotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC is seeking a Software Release Management Engineer to fill a critical position on the LANDMARK AOS program. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA. All candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract, supporting the customer's Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete program life cycle. This position will provide specialized engineering expertise supporting the acquisition of Automated Collection Management software services. SAIC's client is tasked with leading the integration of mission focused tools to foster increased efficiency, automation and information sharing. The qualified candidate will assist and advise Government managers responsible for the complete Development Life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise. Job Responsibilities:
- Provide software release management and technical engineering support to the Government customer to manage Automated Collection Orchestration programs; Deliver on Program EPICs utilizing Agile Release Trains for Continuous Development and Integration (CD/CI) pipelines
- Manage Program Increments (PI), Planning roadmaps, PI backlog, Planning events and risks throughout the program life-cycle
- Monitor Integration, Validation, and Verification status across the Agile Release Train as capabilities are ready for the CD/CI operational pipeline.
- Apply systems analysis and design methodology assessments to identify technical debt, architectural runway and efficiency trade-offs against current and proposed/desired cloud-based software system design
- Ensures the Users, System team, Security Engineers, have accepted the shippable increment/release and satisfied event milestones for an approved operational release.
- Develop briefings and documentation material to illustrate features, capabilities and user stories to be included in technical roadmaps and the acquisition strategies/documentation to implement them.
- Leads SAFe agile process evolution across Government teams, development contractors, user engagement teams, and stakeholders
- Facilitate technical and programmatic interchanges; identify and resolve issues; and provide engineering and technical advice to the customer to align innovative capabilities for collection orchestration
- Active Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor degree in engineering, mathematics, science, or related discipline and 5 years total experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing technical, cost and schedule performance of software development programs
- Expertise and experience with the IC acquisition cycle, requirements processes, budgetary practices, and acquisition documentation
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications and Atlassian collaboration tools
- Strong engineering background with knowledge of software architectures, implementing artificial intelligence and machine learning approaches for applications
- Domain knowledge with current national overhead planning and scheduling systems/architectures
- Domain knowledge in Agile software development practices and Cloud computing architectures
- Experience supporting system architecture, design or development in an AWS/C2S environment
- Experience monitoring developer progress via agile metrics, identifying risks, discrepancies, and performance issues
- Certification in agile software development methods (Scrum, SAFe)
Senior Software Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer, Senior
Software and Systems Engineer, Senior
Software Engineer, Senior