Job ID: 2208496Location: CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted: 2022-06-06Category: Engineering and SciencesSubcategory: Systems EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required: Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: NonePotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC is seeking Systems Engineers to develop and decompose requirements, develop interface control documents (ICDs), develop a System CONOPS, and define the System Architecture within Cameo SysML models. This position is located in Chantilly, VA and requires a Top Secret Clearance minimum. The US Air Force is procuring a critical and complex Space and Ground system to meet operational and tactical collection needs not currently met with airborne and surface deployed sensors. This program emphasizes rapid schedule and complex interfaces. The system design involves schedule automation, challenging collection and processing timelines, and ad-hoc tasking. The specified system is unique compared with traditional, space-based, remote sensing programs. SAIC is the Systems Integrator for this complex program. Our team develops and manages the program System Specification as well as produce multiple ICDs describing interface details for collection requests, collection planning and scheduling, collection operations, and mission data processing. Our team works closely with Space and Ground developer engineers to mature system design and execute design milestones with our US Air Force customer. Our Systems Engineers regularly interact with our staff Modeling and Simulation engineers to understand and report system performance as well as perform system trades. In addition, some of the required system interfaces are immature in definition and capability requiring a strong engineering background to develop new concepts and designs. Finally, with SAIC assistance, the US Air Force is seeking to align this program with the Joint All-Domain Command & Control (JADC2) strategy. In this role, you will be involved in early program development including requirements, interfaces, and CONOPS development to ultimately inform critical system test planning and execution all focused on launching a system capability to fill a critical nation need. You will support Space Vehicle and Ground System integration. Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team - requirements, interfaces, and architecture development
- Provide analysis of Space Vehicle and payload design, from initial architecture and design through initial deployment - linking requirements and interfaces to a user-focused CONOPS
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; Evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies - all captured in a digital engineering environment to include DNG, Cameo Systems Modeler, Cameo DataHub, and JIRA/Confluence
- Lead and/or Support Lifecycle readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements
- Research state-of-the-art component technologies and system concepts/capabilities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users.
- Support risk management processes and methods for identifying, assessing, and adjudicating program risk; Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement mitigation approaches.
- Provide expert mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs, and support calibration activities
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership.
- Current TS clearance, TS/SCI preferred
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Experience in 1 of these backgrounds: Satellite Space and/or Ground Systems
- Experience with systems integration throughout the lifecycle
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large systems acquisition
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.