SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:The Information engineer plays a key role in Architecture team with primary focus on shared services development. He/She will work closely with Chief Architect on the program and assist in development of enterprise level application and services using advanced and modern technologies and open source tools using agile methodology (SAFe, Scrum, Scrum of Scrums, Kanban, SecDevOps) including backlog structure and management, governance/change control, and other key processes.Primary Responsibilities
- Must have the ability to take a concept, derive technical requirements and be able to design and build complete end to end solution in a fast paced agile environment.
- Develop enterprise application and services using Java, Python, Angular/ReactJS, AWS services, Kafka, ELK and other open source tools.
- Conduct engineering system development tasks including system requirements analysis, system architecture and design, preliminary design, critical design, system integration, formal verification, and formal validation.
- Produce technical documentation in support of engineering solutions that include, but are not limited to, architectural drawings, detailed design specifications, and thorough implementation instructions.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- 2-4 years' experience in design and development of enterprise IT solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in software development, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to liaise with government, vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Hands-on experience in programming and designing software using Java technologies inclusive of: Java, J2EE, Angular, ReactJS, Spring MVC, JQuery, JSF, JSP, MyBatis, Hibernate
- Recent experience (2+ years) in developing software using: Kafka, ELK stack
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies inclusive of; Jenkins, GitLab, Jira, Nexus, Maven, SonarQube, Fortify, Junit, Karma, Selenium
- Experience with containerization using: Docker
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 0-2 years of prior relevant experience
- CBP Full Background Investigation, OR Active Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with, IBM MQ
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows Server
- Hands-on experience with: PLSQL, Oracle, WebLogic, Tomcat
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification • Cloud Technical, Business or TCO Accreditation Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification