SalaryUSD $92,143 to $159,286 per year 92143 to 159286 per year
SourceCybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
- Accepting applications
- Open & closing dates 11/19/2020 to 07/31/2021
- Service Competitive
- Pay scale & grade GS 13 - 14
- Salary $92,143 to $159,286 per year
- Appointment type Permanent
- Work schedule Full-Time
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
- Define and manage information technology (IT) and/or cybersecurity related programs and/or projects.
- Lead, coordinate, communicate, integrate, and is accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with agency or enterprise priorities.
- Apply knowledge of data, information, processes, organizational interactions, skills, and analytical expertise, as well as systems, networks, and information exchange capabilities to manage acquisition programs.
- Consult with customers to evaluate functional requirements and translate functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish the enterprise continuity of operations program, strategy, and mission assurance.
- Develop and maintain cybersecurity plans, strategy, and policy to support and align with organizational cybersecurity initiatives and regulatory compliance.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- You must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret/SCI or lower level security clearance as identified by CISA.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative test result prior to appointment to this position. After appointment, you may be subject to periodic random drug testing.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
- New employees must serve a one year probationary period.
- This position has been designated excluded from bargaining unit representation under the national security provision of 5 U.S.C. 7112(B)(6).
- All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/ Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
- Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions
- This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
- Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- Appointments are subject to the availability of funds.
- Reviewing proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks; supporting the customer engagement, requirements identification, design and/or implementation of proposed risk mitigation solutions in alignment with security protocols and technical standards.
- Assessing IT system security tools, plans, techniques, and/or processes to reduce risks associated with IT system vulnerabilities.
- Reviewing and evaluating system security plans, policies, and guidance.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing IT system security policy, mitigation guidance, technical analysis, and/or strategic plans to reduce system or network risk.
- Engaging with internal and external partners to identify IT system deficiencies security requirements.
- Leading security assessments and/or analysis to certify and accredit that operational IT systems and networks align to system security policies, protocols, and best practices.
- Developing long-range plans for IT security systems that minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
- Developing and/or evaluating technical and security plans and policies for adherence with appropriate technical and architectural frameworks and standards; and provide recommendations to improve protocols or implementation solutions.
- Leading the technical system planning, partner engagement, requirements planning, design, development, security testing, and implementation of new technologies to detect, block, or mitigate system security risks.
- Information Resources Strategy and Planning
- Information Systems/Network Security
- Program Management
- a copy of your agency notice,
- a copy of your most recent performance rating, and
- a copy of your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, noting your current position, grade level, and duty location.
Senior Cyber Security Specialist
Supervisory IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC)
IT Specialist ( INFOSEC)