SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more. The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Storage Engineer at the Pentagon, National Capital Region. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with 8+ years of overall related Systems Administration experience.
- 5+ years of specific experience with NetApp NAS/SAN storage environments to include clustered mode cDoT 8.2.2 or later.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012R2/ 2016/ 2019, Windows 10
- Experience with Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware).
- Understanding of ticketing systems, e.g., Remedy, HATS, Redmine, etc.
- Hands-on working knowledge of CommVault and reporting metrics.
- Active DoD IAT Level II certification: Security+ce, SSCP, GSEC, etc.
- Active Microsoft Certified Professional certification or higher, or be NetApp (NCDA) certified.
- Develop, maintain, and support a mixed storage environment comprising of NetApp FAS2552 or equivalent/ newer equipment and Dell EqualLogic PS6100s or equivalent/ newer equipment.
- Develop, maintain, and support physical and virtual (Hyper-V) Infrastructure environments.
- Design and develop (with other team members) secure compute, storage, and systems administration practices that meet customer requirements.
- Provide expertise to ensure that correct technologies are selected, appropriate architectures are designed/selected and implemented, and that hardware and software solutions are correctly integrated and configured to meet agreed upon project requirements.
- Provide Tier 2/3 data storage support to IT-related incidents and service requests and troubleshooting to resolve system performance or operational problems.
- Operate, maintain, and administer computer networks and related computing environment including computer hardware, software, and related documentation in accordance with IT best practices.
- Utilize CommVault for reporting metrics.
- Perform data backups as defined and required.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system problems, and replace defective components when necessary and subject to available resources.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
- Interface with customer, technical staff, team members, and management to identify issues, negotiate changes, meet deadlines, and provide strong customer service both orally and in writing, as appropriate.
- Track and support periodic hardware and software upgrades.
- Work closely with support partners to promptly resolve incidents.
- Participate in/ lead special projects and daytoday operations.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline (EE, cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, etc.).
- System architecture experience.
- 10+ years of experience with NetApp NAS/SAN storage environments to include clustered mode cDoT 8.2.2 or 7-MODE or later.
- 5+ years of experience with scripting languages or similar configuration languages.
- Agile development mindset and capable of working in an environment of applied research with an operational analysis focus.
- Ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Ability to maintain a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Experience with Lights Out Management principles and concepts.