SalaryUSD $DOE DOE
SourceRishabh Software Pvt. Ltd
Job Title: Training Specialist Job Location: Arlington, VA Job Duration:18 + Months Job Insights:
- The client is seeking a Training Specialist to assist with the implementation of our new custom online permitting system. This individual will focus on the delivery of hands-on training and the development of a training curriculum and hands-on or self-guided training tools for this new system.
- The Client is an enterprise-wide initiative to improve land development, building, and permitting processes in Arlington County. Users of the new system include staff from across multiple disciplines and departments across the County and external customers (e.g. residents, residential and commercial developers, small business owners). Users' expertise spans building, zoning, trades, code enforcement, engineering, public health, and other related technical and professional fields.
- Assessing training needs through collaboration with end-users, Building training content, agendas, objectives, materials, exercises, and evaluation tools;
- Delivering training to internal and external users, from basic to advanced professional level, on a wide array of topic areas related to the client. Please note: this program is catered to a remote audience;
- Creating hands-on training courses and tools to include cheat sheets, FAQs, step-by-step documentation, interactive webinars, and other tools
- Developing training website content and promoting training opportunities
- Collaborating with County Human Resources professionals, as needed, to coordinate the training curriculum with other County initiatives
- Developing and implementing a learning plan (using the County's Taleo Learning
- Management System ) for various categories of employees, specific to the client initiative. You will be instructed on how to use this software via Human
- The ideal candidate demonstrates experience developing engaging training curriculums for staff and external customers; experience conducting interactive hands-on training sessions remotely; creating and delivering interactive training sessions (web-based and instructor-led); managing change effectively; and collaborating across departments, functions, and facilitating teamwork.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Organizational
- Development, Business/Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Psychology,
- Communication, or a related field with experience designing and developing course content and facilitating adult learning on a variety of topics using a variety of mediums and approaches to include web-based and virtual training and managing a Learning Management System.
- Desirable: Preference may be given to candidates who have earned related certification(s) in training and development (e.g., Association for Talent Development (ATD), Certified
- Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), International Society for Performance
- Improvement (ISPI) Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) or similar; and/or with a Master's
- Degree or graduate work in Organizational Development or a directly related field
- Proficiency using Captivate, or similar e-learning authoring tool(s);
- Developing complex training content (orally and in written format);
- Learning and understanding organizational enterprise software;
- Leveraging technology and tools for curriculum and learning management system development;
- Delivering effective training through web-based delivery;
- Facilitating systems thinking and change management;
- Managing projects and process improvements; Conducting needs assessments, skills gap analysis, strategy development;
- Developing and implementing organization-wide training and/or organizational development programs.