Sybase DBA/Sybase ConsultantUtah, Salt lake city, 84158 Salt lake city USA
VDart Inc is the leading global provider of digital solutions, products and talent management company providing digital technology solutions in Automotive, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Healthcare Industries. Led by a strong global team located across 10 countries including USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, Japan, Australia & India. We are currently accepting applications from staffing firms for our Preferred Partner Program, where we align niche staffing firms with specific verticals based on their please visit: ;/p> Sybase DBA/Sybase Consultant Salt Lake City, UT 12 Months Job duties:
- Perform Database Administration Operational Support activities as part of the Firm's Technology Services Operations Team.
- Provide production support for Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, Sybase IQ, UDB DB2, Sybase Replication, UDB DB2 SQL Rep and Q Replication, Paraccel, Postgres, Hadoop, MSSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle database infrastructure globally.
- Support the following hardware: Sun v420r, Dell r610/710, HP 385/585/480 Blades Administer and maintain an existing local / global Database infrastructure including implementation, operational support, and periodic upgrades of all infrastructure Database servers.
- Continually evaluate the operations of the environment and assist in the optimization and delivery of server infrastructure Schedule maintenance jobs using Autosys Perform root cause analysis on system failures and incidents and provide remediation solutions.
- Communicate and coordinate with application support and other IT support teams to provide timely responses for critical requests.
- Perform daily monitoring of Database infrastructure for Health check, Application and Replication Alerts.
- Responsible for Provisioning activities, User requests and Resolution alerts.
- Involves in Business Continuity plan tests across all regions related to Database infrastructure
- Adhere to company change management requirements and procedures.
- Create policies and procedures for regular operational activities.
- Manage small project initiatives within the Database team across large portions of the enterprise including datacenter migrations and End Of life Database software's and hardware's.
- Organize Database Trainings locally and globally for Database Team.
- Perform basic file system administration tasks including expansion and device carving using native Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 multipath utilities.
- Five (5) years of experience in the job offered or a related Database Administration role.
- Supporting the following platforms: Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3/4/5/6 and Sun Solaris 5.8/10 Database Platform: Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, Sybase Replication.
- Extensive exposure to Sybase ASE 15.x, ASE 12.x database administration under Linux platform.
- Strong experience in Sybase database administration, maintenance and implementation in a complex system environment Strong Sybase Replication experience (Replication Server 15.x, 12.x) and knowledge on Distributed Database Management System Strong Knowledge in Performance Tuning for Databases.
- Strong working knowledge on DBA tasks, troubleshooting and analytical skills IT Experience with Solid understanding of Banking, Retail, healthcare and Insurance domains and its processes
- Flexible to work in weekend shifts.
- Good Interpersonal skills to interact with global Teams.
- Knowledge in job scheduler bash; Autosys, cron jobs etc
- Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus.
- Strong team player, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and highly flexible.
Financial Management Consultant -ESI Public Sector (Evergreen)
Sustainability - Senior Consultant
Technology Business Systems Consultant - Treasury Management Enrollment Tools
Cerner PowerChart Oncology - Principal Consultant- Oncology