SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Position/Job Title: Client Services Technician - Lead Location: Hill Air Force, Utah Job Summary: Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Client Services Technician -Lead to provide CSTs to accomplish IT touch labor and remote login support for end devices, electronic tools (eTools, a.k.a., portable maintenance aide), and Expeditor Services. Service requests and requirements will be routed to the candidate CSTs from the base Communications Focal Point (CFP), CSD, customers, and other 75 ABW/SC work centers via the Remedy IT Service Management AIS tool. CST support will enable user mission accomplishment while ensuring network vulnerabilities are fully mitigated. The candidate shall provide Secret Internet Protocal Router (SIPR) network account creation and management including adding, deleting, disabling, resetting and granting/declining permissions to network resources. The candidate shall set up, configure and manage directory structures and mailboxes, and mail folders. The candidate shall provide workload metrics capturing return to service rates (CDRL A001). The candidate shall provide client support (hardware, software, and services) for end devices. End devices are defined as: desktop, laptop, and tablet computing devices, as well as associated peripheral devices including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) end points, Soft Internet Protocol (SIP) phones, and scanners. The anticipated average workload for CST candidate support is approximately 19,000 NIPR and SIPR end devices. The Government will provide CST end device support for the 1200-series facilities along with buildings 133, 891, and 1102. The candidate shall provide CST support for all other facilities. CSTs will create or receive tickets with the appropriate priority description below. A Hill AFB TAA Kiosk is a proprietary Linux workstation used to access the TAA client. The Candidate shall meet the below metrics listed below. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Equipment moves.
- Repair of end device hardware or software malfunctions.
- Installation of new hardware or software.
- Resolving connectivity issues.
- Network Connectivity (wired)
- Vendor/Manufacture Warranty and Software Updates
- The candidate shall provide CST support for all TAA Kiosks on Hill AFB, approximately 200 devices.
- The candidate shall include weekly maintenance checks of all TAA Kiosks to ensure the devices are fully operational for user use. All requests for support will be documented in an Automated Information System (AIS) (currently Remedy) as directed by the Government.
- The candidate shall manage laptop lockers and hotracks. The Contractor shall ensure devices in laptop lockers are properly imaged, remain on-line, and all patches are current.
- The candidate shall coordinate with appropriate Information Technology Property Custodians (ITPCs) to ensure devices removed from laptop lockers and hotracks are replenished and up to date.
- The candidate shall coordinate with the appropriate ITPC to ensure accurate accountability of assets and efficient delivery and pick-up of end devices.
- The candidate shall document all actions taken to resolve problems, including research, troubleshooting, and final resolution using the AIS. 90% of tickets must be resolved according to the timelines.
- The candidate shall communicate inventory changes resulting from warranty work to affected Equipment Custodians.
- The candidate shall protect the information systems and data by loading Government-approved and provided anti-virus software to detect the presence of viruses and by maintaining current signature files.
- The candidate shall maintain current virus and spyware protection and AFCERT compliance.
- The candidate shall conform and participate with change management, configuration management and security requirements. The Contractor shall respond to incidents of malicious code on both classified and unclassified networks. Troubleshooting, management, isolation, remediation, and reporting will be required. Immediate response will be required based on the severity of the malicious code and its speed of propagation.
- 90% of all eTools tickets must be resolved/completed according to the time listed for each priority from ticket creation.
- Priority Time
- Critical 4 Hours
- High 1 Day
- Medium 2 Days
- Low 3 Days
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- 7+ Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience in PC Maintenance: Equipment moves, Repair of end device hardware or software malfunctions, Installation of new hardware or software, and Resolving connectivity issues.
- Must possess and maintain an IT II level certification, an IAT II certifications DoD 8570.01-M is required. Certifications: Security+ or GSEC or SCNP or SSCP.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals