SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Position/Job Title: Unit Software Technician - Senior Location: Hill Air Force Base, Utah Job Summary: Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Unit Software Technician - Senior. The candidate shall manage unit software assets and licenses as designated Unit Software License Managers (USLMs). This candidate shall manage organization software assets IAW AFMAN 17-1203 and the Hill AFB ITAM Plan. Candidate USLM shall be accountable for all assigned software assets within 75ABW/SC. The USLM shall be appointed in writing to the Government. The candidate will forward USLM appointment letter containing the names and signatures of primary USLMs to the Base Software License Manager (BSLM) within 10 days of contract award or new appointment. When a USLM requires replacement, the candidate shall notify the supported unit with the appointee info in order to obtain a new USLM appointment letter signed by the unit commander. A new software inventory is required to be completed within 30 calendar days anytime a new USLM is appointed. The candidate shall conduct inventories when directed by the BSLM. The candidate shall maximize the use of electronic inventories when practical. Software inventory reporting will be required upon request from the Government. The candidate shall receive USLM training from the BSLM within 30 calendar days of initial appointment and annually thereafter. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Register and document all unit software licenses and proof of purchase.
- Manages all software for 75th ABW/SC.
- Perform an annual unit software inventory for the owning unit APO.
- Obtain unit APO certification of the annual unit software inventory and submit to the Base Software License Manager (BSLM).
- Manage unit requests for software using the Government-provided AIS.
- Comply with BSLM processes and requirements for software tracking and reporting.
- Track and validate unit software at the discretion of the unit APO.
- Complete the required training as directed by the BSLM.
- Conduct recurring audit of organizational computers as prescribed in AFMAN 17-1203.
- Report compliance with AFMAN 17-1203 requirements with applicable self-inspection checklists.
- Acts as unit representative for all Software request from 75 ABW/SC personnel.
- Attend applicable SC meetings such as the Enclave and CFP meetings to discuss issues with software management within the unit.
- Engage with CSLs with regard to Cyber Security vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
- 5+ Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience.
- There are no DoD 8570 requirements for this position.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals