SourceCharles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Your OpportunityThe Portfolio Accounting Technology team is looking for a talented technologist to be the lead architect for our technology and application modernization initiatives. This is an indivdual contributor role. The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation platforms. Our applications should support processing several billions of operational transactions during market hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab. What you are good atYou will be joining us as a Principal Engineer (Senior Technical Architect) focused on providing architectural guidance across multiple projects and teams. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, leadership and communication to guide the team through technology challenges while driving towards a target architecture. This position will report to a Director of Portfolio Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs
- Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents
- Manage the technical delivery of integrations, security, single-sign-on and application customizations
- Publish and present architecture and solutions to technology leaders and business executives
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, with greater reusability, and longer life
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards
- Identify reusable code required for our code library and ensure high quality creation of the code
- Track and identify new technologies to solve existing and new business problems
- 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed and cloud platforms
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Windows/Linux data center environment
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and test automation
- Experience with cloud services including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with containerized applications and technologies such as Kubernetes
- Deep knowledge of REST and Web Services
- Knowledge and experience with server side .NET and Java development
- Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL databases (Aerospike and Oracle are preferred)
- Knowledge of IBM MQ, RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization. This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients. You have qualities that engineers recognize and respect.
- The ability to step in and code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon
Principal Engineer- Systems Engineering