SourceCharles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Your OpportunityWe believe that , when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goal with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm, and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed. Our Opportunity: Schwab Charitable Technologies provides the technology capabilities for Schwab Charitable, an independent public charity created to help increase charitable giving in the United States by offering the flexible giving solution of a donor-advised fund account. You will literally be a part of making the world a better place! Schwab Charitable operates as an independent charity but is closely affiliated with and enjoys the support of Charles Schwab & Co, including contractual agreements to provide a variety of services including technology. This position will be an employee of Charles Schwab & Co. and will be subject to its human resources and risk policies and procedures. What you are good at
- Schwab Charitable Technologies is looking for a seasoned Sr. Scrum Master that will work with a technical DevOps team that support our internal and external customers.
- Ideal candidate enjoys fast-paced environment, thrives under ambiguity and embraces change passionately.
- The candidate will have a hands-on role in managing the Scrum process within a software technical team. They will coach their teams to higher levels of maturity by continually improving their process and ensuring that they adhere to the Scrum framework. They facilitate discussions, decision making and conflict resolution. They evangelize, demonstrate, and live the Agile values and principles.
- Will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. We collaborate with user experience and design, business, and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences our users are passionate about.
- Responsible for overseeing all task activities assigned to the team are performed in a timely manner with minimal technical debt, while maintaining the highest quality of performance. Will interface with client personnel and use oral and written communications skills to develop great working relationships with stakeholders.
- Will lead the team to ensure production systems stay up and running. Conduct all Scrum related activities where necessary for the DevOps team, including sprint planning, daily huddles, and backlog refinements. Remove obstacles and manage risks to enable team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure all scrum activities are tracked and kept up-to-date and reported daily.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), facilitation, well organized, time management, project planning, people and team building skills.
- Must be a certified Scrum Master (SAFe 4.0 at a minimum ideally 5.0 or newer)
- Experience in facilitating the scrum practices (leading ceremonies, empowering teams, identifying coaching opportunities)
- 5+ years' experience leading technical teams in delivery high quality digital solutions with .net-based or JAVA based web applications
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD
- Working knowledge of Agile Development Practices, iterative development, and methodologies in large cross functional organizations
- Experience with deploy, merge routing, config & release management, observability
- Understanding and experience with broad technical skills across multiple domains (technology, information, process, applications, etc) and platforms (mainframe, web-based, PCF, etc.) and databases (SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Drive work planning-scheduling/status-reviews/tasks/reporting, anticipate and solve team's challenges/bottlenecks
- High initiative, proactive, self-driven, ownership to resolution, strong communication/reporting skills
- Highly adaptable to a changing environment
- Demonstrated experience in servant leadership
- Ability to build trust with diverse teams and individuals across the organization
- Must be an excellent team player and a servant leader
- Ability to coach teams to reach their highest potential
- Ability to learn new tools and products quickly
- Ability to search for new solutions to meet challenges together with the team
- Proven ability to remove impediments, assist decision-making, escalation-timing
- A skilled facilitator that is creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo
- Financial, Trading, brokerage services industry experience is a plus