SourceCharles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Your OpportunityAt Schwab, we aim to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We design innovative investing solutions for the consumer on Main Street and take pride in our consumer-focused culture of quality and excellence. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platforms to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software team are hands-on developers and QA testers who excel in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. This position is to support the development of our latest integration and scalability projects for the ACAR Technology Team. ACAR (Advanced Credit and Risk) makes the final credit and risk decisions for all trades being processed at Schwab. This enterprise service processes millions of trades per day. The current goal is to scale ACAR increase performance and scalability using cloud technologies, in-memory databases, code performance enhancements and re-designing how the current algorithms do their calculations. ACAR team works closely across a lot of business and technical teams across the company, because it manages trades for all the client channels (e.g. Schwab.com, SSC.com, Mobile etc) and business partners (e.g. Brokerage Accounts, Mutual Funds, Futures, Portfolio Margin, Fixed income etc). This position is a great opportunity to grow and learn about technology and the financial industry as a whole. Also, there are a lot of interesting challenges that need to be solved on-going, because of the everchanging financial industry / economy as a whole! Our Opportunity: The ACAR Development team is looking for a Developer II Backend Software Developer who will excel in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team. ACAR offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop high-performance financial applications. What you are good atThe developer will work closely with the development team and business analysts to implement new features, enhancements, and fixes the ACAR application. The candidate should understand object-oriented design and be familiar with .NET C# add relational databases. Experience with REST/WCF Services and Web APIs is highly desired, but not required. This role will require strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis. Services and Web APIs is highly desired, but not required. This role will require strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis. What you have
- BS in computer science or related technical field
- 1-2+ years of experience of successfully developing applications using Microsoft technologies
- 1-2+ years of experience of developing high performing applications using .NET or .NET Core, C#
- 1-2+ years of experience of developing with Object Oriented programming language.
- working with large data and experience analyzing and improving efficiency.
- knowledge of SOLID principles
- Very strong understanding of object-oriented design models
- Understanding of database principles, such as SQL, Oracle or Mongo DB
- 1+ years of experience with REST Services or SOAP Services is a plus
- 1-2+ years of experience working with teams following Agile Development Practices
- strong written and verbal communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and fairly simple architectures quickly
- 1- 2+ years of experience with unit testing and history of successful interaction with a QA group - preferably TDD experience
- 1+ years of experience supporting releases for and applications in production
- desire to be a technical leader within a scrum environment
- a yearning to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- experience with NoSQL databases (eg. Mongo DB, Aerospike) is a plus, but not required
Sr. Specialist- Software Development and Engineering