SourceCharles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Your OpportunityAs a member of the Advisor Services Technology team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. We're looking for engineering leaders who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to deliver exceptional software solutions. Advisor Services Data Delivery is looking for an experienced engineer to be the tech lead for one of our teams responsible for a suite of high-volume processing systems. The role will require a strong work ethic, problem solving skills and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully building and supporting enterprise applications. The role will require a high level of responsibility and accountability yet has a support structure necessary for development growth. What you are good at
- Partner with Solution Architects and Platform Architects to ensure implementations meet the solution architecture and design.
- Contribute to the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of critical applications.
- Analyze a target system design, decompose the functionality into incremental deliverable milestones & provide sizing for new development efforts.
- Coordinate across multiple functional areas to deliver a solution that meets all applicable standards.
- Lead and develop junior members of the engineering team, including performing code reviews and providing feedback.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product owners, and end users to solve challenging problems.
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process.
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review requirements and improve code quality.
- Support your solutions throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot critical applications and Support production environment as needed to keep the platform available for consumers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years professional experience in enterprise software development.
- Strong programming knowledge and experience developing in Java (C# is a plus).
- Experience with Spring frameworks, including Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Data Flow, etc.
- Experience with a relational database, SQL, and stored procedures (Oracle, SQL Server). NoSQL database experience (MongoDB) is a plus.
- Proven experience writing Unit Tests with high code coverage.
- Strong understanding of developing scalable, concurrent processing systems.
- Strong understanding of Agile development practices.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with CI/CD practices.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies.
- Ability to communicate, influence, and persuade peers.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Experience working with a mixed onshore/offshore development team.
- Ability to support multiple workstreams across multiple applications.