SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceCharles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Sr. Team Manager-Software Development and EngineeringTexas, Westlake, 76262 Westlake USA
Your OpportunityThe Digital Utilities Technology team is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the API services aggregation platform. In this position you will lead the aggregation platform through critical infrastructure migration to a cloud-based platform, as well as delivering important features and capabilities required for scalability initiatives. You will be part of a larger group called Cross Enterprise Services (CES) which is focused on delivering consistent, enterprise quality and highly performant shared services for all of Schwab's systems as building blocks for outstanding end-user experiences. CES offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills. What you are good at In this position you will have a broad range of responsibilities with a central focus on working with developers and engineers to support, build, and deliver a highly scalable, resilient platform. You will:
- Be the delivery manager for technology initiatives and provide hands-on technical mentoring and leadership
- Facilitate technical discussions and drive solutions forward to achieve business and technology needs
- Develop and manage resource roadmaps, budgets and schedules
- Identify gaps/risks and establish mitigation plans
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market, and quality
- Increase the overall visibility of this team; celebrate/track accomplishments and build relationships with key leaders in other groups
- Lead all recruiting activities across the team (create different avenues when necessary)
- Be the front-line manager for 8+ full time employees, in addition to managing contractors and international third party resources
- 10+ years of experience in application development
- 5+ years of software development management/leadership experience
- 3+ years of people management experience with at least 5 direct reports
- 5+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies using Agile processes.
- Proven track record successfully building, leading and growing technology scrum teams including working in the agile process, objective setting, career path guidance, and staff performance
- History of delivering solutions consistently and managing the complexity of large project implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners, technology team, production support and infrastructure teams
- Self-starter with strong prioritization and multitasking capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with .NET/C#, Java, test automation, CI/CD automation preferred
- Experience with web services (REST APIs, SOAP services, aggregation) is preferred
- Platform modernization experience in migrating services and APIs to cloud-based infrastructure is a significant plus
- Hands-on experience in software architecture and systems design
- Familiarity with enterprise IT systems and environment (e.g. networking, capacity planning, operations, multiple IT divisions, etc.) preferred
- Demonstrated past experience with designing or working with highly available and reliable systems including work on technical designs and defining SLAs/KPIs for tracking and improving software reliability