SalaryUSD $35.00 - $42.00 per hour 35.00 - 42.00 per hour
- Applies our client's Procurement Policy, Procedures and Guidelines and basic Texas Laws, Codes and Regulations to procurement activities.
- Works with Internal Customers on needs and requirements.
- Assist internal customers with contract management and vendor performance, which includes documenting, coordinating, and resolution.
- Reviews Purchase Requisition for applicable forms and documents (i.e. NERC, SOC, DOT, EIT, Subcontracting, Public Works, etc.).
- Reviews Purchase Requisitions in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
- Coordinates with Internal Customers to identify scopes of work, specifications, commercial & regulatory considerations.
- Coordinates with Internal Customers to create RF(x) - Request for Proposal, Request for Quotation, Invitation for Bid, and Request for Qualifications to meet Business Unit needs.
- Initially reviews Exempt Forms to determine if the explanation justifies deviation from the competitive bidding process.
- Coordinates and administers meetings and site visits with Suppliers and Business Unit.
- Works with Internal Customers and Suppliers to encourage local, diverse and small business participation in Sourcing Events.
- With management's supervision, coordinates review of developed customized contract drafts by stakeholders (i.e. Legal - based on associated risk, Internal Client, Risk Management & Insurance Services, Audit Services, Environmental Services, Safety, etc.) to mitigate risk.
- With management's supervision, reviews, modifies and negotiates Client and Supplier terms and conditions to mitigate risk.
- With management's supervision, participates in the decision to award contracts.
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Actively aware of safety in day to day activities.
- Responds to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- With management's supervision, compares prices, specifications and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Tracks the status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of an RF(x) - Request for Proposal, Request for Quotation, Invitation for Bid, and Request for Qualifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, internet, electronic mail and scheduling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, coordinating with other areas to achieve goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field from an accredited university, or experience in a Procurement, Contract Management, or Contract Development role
- Procurement certifications, i.e., CSCP, ISM, etc.
- Experience and understanding of SAP modules and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing, electric or gas industry
- Demonstrating Initiative Serving Customers Establishing Relationships
- Delivering High Quality Work
- Demonstrating Self-Insight and Awareness Working Safely
- Work is performed in an indoor environment, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing and repetitive motion.
- Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator.
- Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events.
- After hours work may be required.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all sedentary criteria are met.
Loss Prevention Field Agent