SalaryUSD $85000 - $110000 per annum 85000 - 110000 per annum
We are looking or an Application Support Specialist/Business Analyst for a full-time opportunity in McKinney, TX. The purpose of the Application Support position is to evaluate business requirements for application, assist in the delivery of new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions, and provide application support to those systems and solutions.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and/or participate in systems requirements, design, testing, training, implementation and support initiatives.
- Document results of activities using the appropriate processes in accordance with the Bank's documentation and project methodology standards.
- Provide Level II/III support for daily maintenance of applications including system administration and resolution of issues.
- Build and maintain strong business unit relationships and develop in-depth knowledge of their business needs and systems to effectively support those needs.
- Participates in resource planning and work prioritization, ensuring alignment with the needs of the business unit and IT.
- Documents standard operating procedures, workflows, data flows, and systems.
- Ensures projects and work requests are implemented successfully with key milestone dates met.
- Coordinates roles, tasks, and delivery dates with key cross-functional departments and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 3+ years of support with a core banking system (FIS, Jack Henry (JHA) and/or Fiserv) acting as liaison between the business units, technical staff and/or system provider.
- Application configuration experience; how issues impact IT & Business
- 5+ years of retail banking or lending operations experience.
- Project management or team lead experience in new system implementations, conversions and/or system application upgrades and releases is highly preferred.
- Project management, including documentation