SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceTYLER TECHNOLOGIES INC
We are looking for a remarkable Quality Assurance Analyst to join us!Participate in an amazing organization surrounded by people who come into work every day wanting to make a difference. Engage in creating applications and features within the c riminal j ustice market space. Have a direct say in team led efforts to design new solutions in an agile environment. Help make products that can directly influence your community . As a critical member of the team, t he QA Analyst tests and quality assures programs, application modules and products of increasing complexity created by the Development Department using systematic quality assurance techniques. The QA Analyst provides support for various modules to customers, peers and management with diagnostic troubleshooting assistance and strives to further organizational and company goals. LocationLubbock, TexasResponsibilities
- Test and validate program modules of increasing complexity to meet specifications and procedures standards.
- Conduct thorough and accurate testing of client/server and web-based applications.Document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively communicate with software developers.
- Validate all written documentation for assignments for accuracy and completion.
- Validate software releases of basic complexity prior to distribution.
- Execute on automated test scripts and evaluate.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases of typically basic complexity for all testing assignments.
- Adhere to and assist in the development of standards and procedures.
- Assist with reviewing and editing test case scripts and writing queries.
- Assist with documenting and executing black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage.
- Assist in the identification of new procedures, methods and/or tools to improve the efficiency of the QA process.
- Assist in the design and requirements for new products.
- Provide analysis and consulting support for development and support employees.
- Occasional travel may occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Prior experience in software quality assurance required; Tyler software or related experience helpful.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills involving sound decision making and effective resolutions.
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices preferred.
- Familiarity with basic coding and/or scripting is required.
- Full software development lifecycle familiarity is strongly preferred.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work streams effectively.
- Strong time management skills with proven track record of delivering successful results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving the ability to communicate verbally and in writing technical and non-technical information.
- Firm knowledge and experience with relational databases including solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and query writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team.
- Ability to maintain a test environment effectively with regards to products, tools, data and related aspects.
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work independently to organize assigned work and make sound independent decisions.
- Operate effectively in a fast-paced environment; juggling multiple tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
- Apply technical skills to address increasingly complex test scenarios involving web and database servers, mobile devices and/or other systems components.
- Relate the application of computer capabilities and testing technical to real world problem resolution. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of assigned software modules.
- Exhibit efficient management of time, tasks and priorities.
- Maintain a positive team player attitude.
- Assist in defining/refining QA standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate an excellent work ethic and focus on work, tasks, priorities and improving the QA process.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in software development and quality assurance.
- Work directly with customers to help diagnose urgent issues.