SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Our clients looking for a Senior Python Developer to join the Digital Technology Team. You're joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers, and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day.The SSE must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Python. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing, and deploying APIs (including supporting infrastructure) to drive our digital products.Responsibilities:
- Executes full product life cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
- 3+ years of python server development using Django, Flask, or other python frameworks
- 7+ years' industry experience
- Ability to write unit-tested and maintainable code
- Expertise working with and building RESTful APIs
- Expert in Python API development.
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply them in daily coding scenarios
- Message queues (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc)
- Background task processing (Celery, etc)
- Experience configuring container like systems (Vagrant, Docker, etc)
- Basic understanding of modern web components (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Ability to self-organize with minimal guidance/competing priorities and work effectively within a team
- Ability to provide innovative, creative solutions to tasks/problems
- Ability to complete work following engineering standards and best practices
- Develops clean, elegant, well-commented, and very reusable code which is easy to maintain and extend
- Understanding of caching strategies and implementation (Redis, Memcache, etc.)
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as (Git, SVN, etc)
- Working knowledge of serving high scale HTTP(S) protocol (Nginx, Apache, etc.)