SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Job Overview:The Windows\Linux Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for activities relating to the build, maintenance and operation of infrastructure platforms in support of the ICG Markets and Trading applications. You will have the opportunity to work with our established setup, and drive future improvements in the performance of our technology infrastructure platforms, ensuring that we are increasing the reliability of the platform and optimizing its capacity. The overall objective is to use infrastructure technology knowledge and identified policies to build secure, stable and efficient operating environment for our business to function and grow.In this role you will engage with Engineering, architects, application support\developers, operations partners, project managers and vendors in support of existing purpose built and new technologies. Citi Velocity is one of the many HFT(High Frequency Trading) application supported within this ring-fenced environment that operates 24 by 6. Purpose built technologies implemented within this environment includes Corvid, Lenovo SR950s, SolarFlare, CiscoTetration, Cisco CSP-5444 Cloud Services Platform 210, Centrify and hosted within Colocations to ensure proximity to trading Exchanges.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide sound understanding of technology infrastructure concepts and principles to provide support to supported platforms and sectors within technical domain.
- Apply basic understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate within technology infrastructure to support the operations environment.
- Build, configure and tune servers as per the application requirement
- Review requirement documents, define hardware requirements and update processes and procedures as necessary.
- Co-ordinate with various teams to resolve issues and deliver project on time.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) post restoration of service.
- Design testing approaches, complex processes, reporting streams, and assist with the automation of repetitive tasks.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Willing to work after hours and weekends or be on-call if needed
- Conduct project related research
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Handle issues and escalations, as well as resolve production problems, reporting to management on status and technical matters.
- Plan and implement improved processes, backup and recovery plans, and uniform methodologies and standards
- Work effectively with virtual and remote team members exercising critical thinking to resolve issues and presenting technical findings accurately to internal customers and leadership.
- Act as a liaison between various CTI businesses providing direction and support to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team.
- Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management.
- Technical Knowledge: Has a recognizable area of technical competence. Familiar with appropriate standards. Applies subject domain knowledge to meet organizational need/guide actions. Keeps up with current and possible future technological developments in the field.
- Processes/ Procedures: Ensures processes and procedures are in place for self and others to use. Seeks ways to improve existing processes, making adjustments or recommending reengineering improvements.
- Customer and Industry Knowledge: Consistently applies a business driver and marketplace focus when prioritizing actions.
- Risk Management: Examines and defines factors that could adversely affect task completion, delivery or achievement of customer satisfaction. Evaluates controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection and correction. Identifies the risks of negative outcomes, including inadvertent error or fraud. Ensures ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Stakeholder Management: Identifies key partners and their influence, implements techniques for communicating/engaging and managing expectations. Has frequent interactions. Finds the appropriate balance of completing claims by various groups of stakeholders, acting fairly and in consideration of cultural and ethical factors.
- Client Centricity: Uses insights from customer relationships to anticipate their needs and provide services beyond their expectations. Actively seeks information to understand client issues, expectations, and needs.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Makes sound decisions. Considers relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. When making decisions, uses a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and discernment. Assesses business needs, anticipates problems. Works independently and is self-directed.
- At least 3 years experience managing Linux and Windows at an enterprise scale
- Good understanding of Linux 6/7 and Windows Operating Systems, starting from Windows 2008 to 2016
- Experience in performance troubleshooting on clustered servers with external storage
- Strong knowledge of File system/Volume Management
- Knowledge of Dell, HP, ITC and Lenovo servers products and associated support tools
- Good understanding of Active Directory and Domain Services (AD, DNS)
- Good understanding of virtualization environment based on VMware, OpenShift
- Be able to create simple automation scripts using PowerShell or other scripting language like VBS, Python, Bash
- Good understanding of network protocols and tools used to troubleshoot issues
- Familiar with Sysinternals and tools that allow deep system/process troubleshooting
- Good to have and a willingness to learn Citrix XenApp, Windows RDS, Centrify, IBM BigFix, Ansible, PTP\NTP, Splunk, SCCM, SCOM, Dell, ITC, Lenovo, HP servers and EMC storage arrays
- Bachelor s/University degree or equivalent work experience