SalaryUSD TBD TBD
The Database Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting Citi s Database as a Service (DBaaS) cloud implementation. You will be working with the latest cloud automation technologies. A successful applicant should have mastered a broad technical skills spectrum required for engineering and developing fully automated solutions.The Database Automation Engineer is an intermediate level position responsible for a variety of engineering activities including the design, acquisition and development of hardware, software and network infrastructure in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure quality standards are being met within existing and planned frameworks.Responsibilities:
- Design and implement automation using Python and shell scripts to deploy and manage database.
- Engineering and Implementation of the integration of the DBaaS environment with other systems.
- Responsible for DBaaS solutions application release and life cycle management automation and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Jenkins
- Application tuning, performance optimization and maintenance
- Application monitoring and alerting automation
- Support of Database Automation portal application issue escalations.
- Evaluate new automation tools and backend development technologies and perform proof of concept evaluations
- 5+ years work experience as an automation engineer or similar roles
- 5+ years work experience with MongoDB/Oracle/SQL Server 2019/PostgreSQL .
- Strong, proven Oracle Database Performance Diagnostic skills (at both the SQL and system levels)
- Experience with features such as Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Active Data Guard , Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and Golden Gate replication
- Experience with Backup and Recovery using Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Experience architecting, supporting and implementing advanced, strategic database management systems
- Demonstrated ability to drive Agile development and implement automated process to improve database system reliability
- APIs and external integration, quality assurance, security, and infrastructure
- Understand business functions and user stories. Decompose them into technical specifications, and develop working application code.
- Strong Python and shell scripting development skills. Proficient with automation technologies such as Microfocus DMA, Chef, Ansible.
- Proficient with AWS automation, including automatically deploying and managing EC2 instances, and databases.
- Experienced with relational databases management systems such as Oracle.
- Experienced in source control tools such as Git, familiar with Visual Studio Code and Eclipse IDE is a plus.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Jenkins
- Agile development experience, preferably with Scrum
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment working with a global team.
- Understand internet networking services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc. Programming and scripting languages (Python, bash, Java Script - additional experience with PHP, Groovy, Java, and/or Go is a plus)
- Using Ci/CD scripting tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef. Containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, and docker-compose)
- You have excellent social and organizational skills, able to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to influence, manage and articulate clearly to project stakeholders and senior management
- You have a positive, do what it takes attitude to drive success
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience