SalaryUSD TBD TBD
The Apps Dev Sr. Programmer Anlyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.Responsibilities:
- Accountable for executing and driving mid-size feature application design and development efforts to completion, serving as a development lead on medium-scale projects and supporting the execution of larger efforts.
- Proficient at operating with considerable autonomy and discretion as you will significantly influence the way an application is designed and developed by providing subject specific expertise and an advanced level of understanding of application programming principles.
- Sought after due to ability to analyze and troubleshoot coding, application performance and design challenges.
- Capable of research in root cause of development and performance concerns as well as the resolution of defects.
- Have a deep understanding of the technical requirements for the solutions being built.
- Understand engineering needs including those required to build, maintain, and operate the system through all phases of its life.
- Proficient in information modeling, data structures and algorithms.
- Understand maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies that exist in support of your system s software. These dependencies will include but not limited to: hardware, platform, operating system, performance and load requirements, as well as contingencies with upstream and downstream systems.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of supported main system flows and possess a comprehensive understanding of how the system and others (i.e. architecture or infrastructure) collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives. Using this expertise, assist with the development of standards for coding, testing, debugging and implementation. This will ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint.
- Participate in design discussions as a Development Lead and as such will play the part of a key decision maker in driving design decisions. This is evidenced by your knowledge of the application code details and your experience with the technology and teams engaged.
- Work with limited guidance, seeking guidance only as needed as the development and delivery strategy is defined; the design is not.
- Exhibit the ability to turn complex application design into a well written application.
- Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user experience design components that support our Digital architecture and work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings.
- Participates in the full development life cycle, identify dependencies between agile and waterfall delivery, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs
- Directly impact the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services. This will require persuading and influencing others through strong and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills.
- Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels.
- Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them.
- Work across teams to optimize processes.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- Continuously assess development processes, test plans, and operations.
- Work with teams to improve concurrent project delivery.
- Streamline and / or eliminate excess process in any area of architecture, build, delivery, production operations environment, or business area where the same efforts (or issues) are repeated year-over-year.
- Share knowledge with the team in various forums (brown bags, engineering forums etc.) and demonstrate a higher level of knowledge through industry certifications
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years in a product development/product management environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology
- Experience in affecting large culture change
- Experience leading infrastructure programs
- Skilled at working with third party service providers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor s/University degree or equivalent experience
Apps Dev Sr. Programmer Anlyst