SalaryUSD BASED ON EXPERIENCE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
SourceGenuent Global, LLC
Genuent is hiring a Server and Cloud Administrator for our direct client in Houston, TX. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity with a tentative start date. Qualified candidates should send their resume (Word format) to Mark Ahrenholtz at Server and Cloud AdministrationEssential duties and responsibilities:The ideal Candidate will have the following work experience and the job level will commensurate with experience and skill set.Cloud TechnologiesRequired Technical Skills:
- Design and deployment of all aspects of Azure infrastructure technologies and topologies
- Profound understanding of cloud computing technologies with demonstrated hands-on experience in one or more of the following domains:
- Core IaaS and PaaS: Compute, Storage, Networking, High Availability
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD, ADFS, MFA, etc.
- Experience in one or more languages (PowerShell, BASH, Python, C#, Open Source)
- Ability to create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaptation process
- Offer guidance on infrastructure migration techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud
- Extensive knowledge with designing, deploying and monitoring virtual servers, desktops and applications in the cloud
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e., Windows and Linux IaaS, Cloud Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers, and Infra as a code technologies)
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture, and practices
- Advanced Analytics visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Data Governance
- Provide technical support for various virtualization environments including Hyper-V and VMware required
- Implementing, deploying, and administering Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware virtualization in large environments (2,300+ VM's) required
- Capacity planning and predictive analysis of virtual server environments required
- Understanding of Storage Technologies such as EMC, HP, NetApps and NAS desired
- Possess in-depth troubleshooting and performance tuning skills required
- Responsible for engaging and managing support escalations with vendors such as Microsoft, VMware, Dell and HP.
- Demonstrate progressive in-depth knowledge of security best practices
- General Windows, PC, network troubleshooting skills e.g. logon, server connections, RDP sessions, Citrix connections, end clients issues (network drive mapping, print queue mapping etc.) required
- Solid understanding of networking principles such as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Familiar with Windows OS's up to 2019 required as well as LINUX and UNIX Operating Systems
- Understanding of AD and GPO policies and how they function desired
- Understanding of Citrix technologies desired
- Solve highly complex problems, involving broad, in-depth product or application knowledge. Build and support Windows Operating Systems from both a hardware and software perspective
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve issues
- Collaborates with Tech Leads, Technology Services Manager, and escalation resources when appropriate
- Provide after-hours support and participate in after-hours on-call rotation. During the scheduled interval of performing on-call duties, will be required to stay within the general vicinity of the offices to respond promptly to issues. Will also be required to track and document all incidents; stating the time of the call, the nature of the call, and what actions were taken to resolve the problem or issue.
- Complete special projects and annual objectives as assigned.
- Engage with a variety of individuals with tact, courtesy, mutual respect and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Possess good customer relation skills
- Carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working hours, and occasionally during non-working hours.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years' relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience focused on cloud environments and supporting infrastructure in Azure.
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing Microsoft and hybrid-cloud solutions
- Experience in migrating from on-prem to Azure environment
- Experience with configuring Office 365 services including Azure AD Connect, Intune
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Advanced level knowledge of Hyper-V and VMware virtualization technologies (create and modify VM's and templates, create snapshots, cloning/exporting of VM's, HA, replication, dynamic provisioning
- Ability to build and troubleshoot Hyper-V, VMware and Windows Hosts
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and related technologies
- Experience in deployment, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Virtual and Windows server environments for large and complex sites
- Must demonstrate excellent English-language skill, good written and verbal communication skill, and ability to learn new technology at a rapid pace and problem solving skill.
- Ability to work under pressure is required; experience in handling critical situations is preferable
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex IT technology issues/problems
- Must be able to successful and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, and work with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, and maintain strict confidentiality
- Ensure Change Control and other processes and procedures are followed
- Ability to identify and establish expectation in an employee/employer (subordinate/manager) relationship
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from manager, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- B.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent experience would be desirable
- Experienced in operating and administering Enterprise environments
- Azure Cloud certification a preferred
- Microsoft MCSE certification preferred
- Excellent troubleshooter, good communicator and possess excellent time management skills is required
Micro Focuss Hybrid Cloud Management Administrator