A leading Oil and Energy company located in Irving, Texas is looking to bring on a Site Reliability Engineer on a full-time direct hire basis. This company is one of America's largest private, independent energy companies. They succeed by assessing market needs, identifying opportunities, evaluating risks, and employing innovative solutions that optimize value for customers and partners. They are looking for a skilled SRE who would be responsible for developing and utilizing tools to monitor key metrics of their data systems, tracking the reliability and recoverability of their systems, and reporting outcomes of regular testing and monitoring activities. You will also be responsible for enabling the high availability of their systems through understanding our failover methods, implementing changes to their methods and systems to minimize downtime, and facilitating failover procedure testing.Required Skills
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field is preferred, but commiserate experience is acceptable in lieu of such a degree
- At least two years of experience working with data systems
- Need to be familiar with how our data systems work and interact with one another. The candidate should have a basic understanding of computer programming and data systems architecture.
- A basic understanding of computer programming and experience working with code, databases, and operating systems is needed.
- Ability to interact with various groups within the business to inform them of the basic details of upcoming changes or communicating the current state of system failures or outages.
- Competitive Pay: Up to $125K/year, DOE
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Site Reliability Lead Engineer - Remote - Direct Hire