SalaryUSD TBD TBD
TheServer is responsible for greeting and serving guests in a timely manner and providing excellent customer service.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Learns and knows all menu items, prices and specifications; Maintains operational knowledge of restaurant computer system.
- Greets guests promptly and professionally.
- Record food and drink orders from guests, enter orders accurately and deliver food, alcohol and other beverages to guests.
- Up-sells restaurant menu items.
- Knows and follows federal and state laws and company policies related to the sale of alcohol.
- Presents checks and accurately processes cash and credit card payments.
- Clears tables quickly and efficiently of plates, glassware and silverware, including pre-bussing when appropriate.
- Responds to customer complaints in a professional manner and in accordance with department/company standards.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Completes opening and closing duties as well as appropriate side work.
- Completes all closing reports as assigned.
- Completes cleaning projects as required.
- Knowledgeable of the surrounding area.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to maintain concentration while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent sales skills and the ability to up-sell.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Ability to operate a cash register, credit card machine and POS system accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, high-traffic environment.
- Must be of legal age to sell and serve alcohol.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling, alcohol, or equivalent certifications or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs occasionally.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, turn, push, pull, and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively; Balance and carry trays, plates, and tubs.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Must be able to use general cleaning supplies; Grasp, lift, push, pull and use cleaning equipment.
- Work in hot areas of kitchen (around dishwasher, ovens, cooking equipment) and cold areas (walk in refrigerators and freezers).
- Operate cash register, credit card machine and POS system.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and 1 year of front-of-house, customer service, or related work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Food safety knowledge required.
Additional InformationBig Bend Resorts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.