SalaryUSD TBD TBD
TheBartender prepares drinks, takes food orders, runs food, accurately operates a cash register and POS system, keeps bar products stocked, keeps a clean and orderly bar, and provides excellent customer service.ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Learns and maintains complete knowledge of restaurant menu items, prices and specifications for placing guest orders.
- Greets guests promptly and professionally.
- Records food and drink orders from guests, enters orders accurately and delivers food, alcohol and other beverages to guests.
- Sells and prepares beverages/drinks to established guidelines and procedures while providing excellent customer service.
- Ensures bar is properly stocked and prepped before the beginning of each assigned shift.
- Properly enforces state and federal liquor laws including checking identification before serving customers alcohol.
- Follows sanitation codes and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Maintains proper beer, liquor and wine costs.
- Follows established wait staff and kitchen policies and procedures.
- Performs proper accounting procedures to use the computer system, making deposits and completing closing reports.
- Performs proper bar closing procedures, cleaning the bar and seating areas, restocking the bar and FOH where needed, and ensuring the building is secured when leaving.
- Rotates inventory when appropriate.
- Completes cleaning projects as assigned.
- Reports tips accurately at the end of each shift.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Able to work quickly and handle high volumes during peak hours in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Able to operate a cash register, point-of-sale systems and credit card machine.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling, alcohol, or equivalent certifications or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, push, pull, twist and turn repetitively.
- Reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Ability to operate a cash register, POS and credit card machine.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle bottles and small kitchen utensils.
- Use small kitchen utensils such as corkscrew, bottle opener, peelers, knives, etc.
- Use a dolly, pulling it up inclined ramps.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and one-year front-of-the-house work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Prior bartending work experience with demonstrable cocktail and wine knowledge highly preferred.
- Previous work experience using cash register, credit card machine and POS system preferred.
Additional InformationBig Bend Resorts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.