SourceCharles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Your OpportunitySchwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software technical lead who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Release Manager will manage several projects at any given point of time in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. He/She should be able to work with several stakeholders across the Organization to deliver quality releases. In addition, able to manage production issues by coordinating across impacted groups including Business, technology operations, service consumers and support personnel. The candidate should have solid experience and understanding of Agile Scrum/Kanban Methodology.What you are good at
- Managing application release schedules, ad-hoc projects and/or key infrastructure initiatives across multiple environments.
- Solid track record in an operational/support role with emphasis on protecting the production environment with appropriate controls as needed to maintain high availability.
- Planning, managing, and executing release cycles, including tracking release deliverables, coordinating quality processes (business certification, QA signoffs, governance approvals, and analysis from code quality tools), and leading release efforts in the production environment.
- Creating requests for change and obtaining appropriate approvals, including approvals from the governing bodies and risk management groups.
- Understanding a complex system of applications and coordinating dependencies between teams and systems for project or feature deliverables.
- Contributing to process improvements for the release management process and maintaining documentation of all release processes.
- Working closely with CI/CD engineers and development teams to improve deployment automation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and communicating to all the partners involved, including providing clear, concise, and timely communication to all parties before, during and after deployments.
- 8-10 years working in an enterprise software organization.
- 4+ years of experience in running complex and critical applications. A key role of this resource will be to lead teams through the Release Process: Ability to Define deployment plans, identify deployment dependencies, define deployment timelines for releases.
- Experience working with Change Management tools for tracking the production changes.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools in a cloud environment preferred (Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.).
- Experience documenting and improving processes around Release Management best practices.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including multiple evenings per week for release night implementations.
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy, Jira, Confluence and Clarity required.
- Interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of advanced release strategy concepts a plus (blue/green deployments, auto-tagging, versioning strategy, automation).
- Strong ownership mentality with a focus on customer satisfaction. Ability to partner with Scrum Masters / Developers / Production owners during the release management process.
- Knowledge Agile methodologies and DevOps practices preferred.
Release Manager - Retail - JD
RTE / Release Manager